100% Ceramic vs. Tourmaline Ceramic vs. Maxiglide?

poookie

I'm interested in feedback from people who have tried the following:

100% ceramic flat irons
tourmaline ceramic flat irons
the maxiglide steam flat iron

i'd love to hear which one has worked best for you.

For those that don't know...

-100% ceramic irons tend to straighten with fewer passes
-tourmaline ceramic flat irons have ions that cause the iron to glide across the hair more smoothly
-the maxiglide has magic steam & straightens naturals very well.

Please share which iron you prefer.

beana

I prefer tourmaline ceramic. I have the original sedu and i love it!!! It straightens well and my hair looks great everytime i use it.

BlackMasterPiece

The Maxiglide is ceramic, does the comb chase for you and uses heat while replenishing moisture to the shaft with steam I've gotten my silkest results ever with the maxiglide so I'm very happy with it. I also love the Amika 1" flat iron but the Maxiglide allows me to skip the hot comb step altogether and allows me to go from blowdrying straight to flat ironing so it wins in my book:yep:

MilkChocolateOne

I have two tourmaline/ceramic coated irons(solia, hana professional), a 100% solid ceramic iron(amika), a titanium iron(croc), a ceramic coated iron (.5 inch deep brilliance, which is the same as a wee chi). Honestly, I received the same great results from all of my flat irons.

crazydaze911

I prefer tourmaline ceramic. I have the original sedu and i love it!!! It straightens well and my hair looks great everytime i use it.

My hair in my siggy was the result of using my Sedu (tourmaline) ! Best flatiron EVER!!

I must agree with these ladies - my sedu is the best. The maxiglade was wonderful at first - when i was using the combs. But the combs pulled out too much hair, so i took them out - and now the maxiglide sucks - lol. It also, in the long run, really damaged my ends (dry and crunchy) more than any other iron.

The sedu is great. - ceramic tourmaline.

The fhi runway (solid ceramic plates) was the most expensive but the plates are not smooth and it snags my hair alot in the corner so that i have to take tiny tiny slithers of hair at a time. the sedu doesnt snag no matter how much i overstuff it with hair.

Just my opinion.

PPGbubbles

Sedu is the truth!!!! I love the way it smooths and shines the hair as it straightens, ceraminc/tourmaline all the way baby!!!

This is great for those who can not afford a full ceramic iron.

IMO from pics I have seen the maxiglide doesnt straighten and shine as well

PPGbubbles

My hair in my siggy was the result of using my Sedu (tourmaline) ! Best flatiron EVER!!

I had been meaning to tell you that I love the results in your siggy!!! you hair looks lovely :lick:

Wow didnt know that was a sedu as well.... Just got one and I love it! even though I have only used it on my edges :lachen:

Lyoness

sorry for jumping the thread but if anyone has a flat iron with floating plates, can you explain what difference they've made?
TIA

Sade'

Hands down the Maxiglide is the BEST. My hair is smooth and str8 with 1 pass. I do 2 passes just because I want perfection. I love it and wouldn't trade it. If it ever breaks I'd replace it in a heartbeat. And my mini glide (came w/ the maxiglide) is great for touching up my edges and roots if necessary. My stylist uses the FHI but I prefer the Maxiglide for at home use.

Lyoness

this one says it has floating plates

Floating 25mm ceramic plates - to allow greater versatility in styling.

All I can imagine is hair getting caught/trapped between the plate and casing.