14 ways to Transition from Relaxed to Natural per Yahoo/Essence pt 11,12,13,14

My Friend

Expert Advice

"It's always best to consult with a professional in the early stages of your transition," advises Fletcher. "You may not need to go to the salon on a regular basis, but you need someone to help you customize your new regimen and answer any questions you

Knowledge is Power

"After meeting with a professional, you can then start to seek out different styling ideas on YouTube or other sites on the Internet," says Fletcher. "There are so many more resources today than there were 16 years ago when I made my own transition."

Twist and Shout

If you're concerned about not having a "curl pattern," coils or what Fletcher calls "Pygmy Twists," can add definition to short, kinky textured hair. "Not everyone's hair is going to have really defined curls naturally, so I always tell clients that it's important to find techniques and products suitable to your own texture," says Fletcher

Warm Embrace

No matter what style you choose, always keep in mind that your transition is a personal journey. "Transitioning is not only about hair, it's a mental change too," says Fletcher. It's important to open yourself up to exploring different looks and embracing your beautifully textured hair.

Back