14 ways to Transition from Relaxed to Natural per Yahoo/Essence pt1

My Friend

WOW! We finally made it to Yahoo after all these years :lachen:

The Big Chop

The "Big Chop" is a phrase used by naturals for when a woman cuts off her relaxed hair to begin her natural journey. "One of the chief concerns for women getting ready to make the Big Chop is looking too masculine with short hair. I always recommend that women taper the sides and leave more length at the top for a more feminine short look."

If you've been on the fence about transitioning your relaxed hair into a chemical-free halo of curls, you're not alone. Ask any woman who's traded in her no-lye kit for a Tangle Teezer, and we're almost positive she'll tell you there's a lot to learn in the world of natural hair. Nevertheless, as with any change in life, with a little patience and the right resources, your transitioning journey can be a successful and enjoyable one.

"I always tell people that you should see a stylist who specializes in natural hair for a consultation before you launch into your transition," advises curly haircare guru and stylist Tamika Fletcher of Natural Resources Salon in Houston. "It's also very important to find natural styles that are similar to the relaxed styles you're used to wearing. You should look like a real version of yourself."

For more get-real tips on how to make your transition as seamless as possible, check out Fletcher's advice on how to go natural, find the right regimen, and still stay fly.

manter26

I think it would be easier for you and everyone else who wants to read this, if you just put it in one post or multiple posts in ONE thread...

virtuenow

Thanks for the links/post. You should make this all one post. We didn't need to make it to Yahoo, I'm not excited about that. I like having our close knit communities w/o everybody in our business. Some tips, such as tapering sides and Tangle Teezer are behind the trend; .

My Friend

You guys are welcome. I was just trying to share information. So, it's in more than on post :blush: There aint a lot going on in the Hair Foru, at the moment so, it shouldnt be any big deal.

virtuenow

You guys are welcome. I was just trying to share information. So, it's in more than on post :blush: There aint a lot going on in the Hair Foru, at the moment so, it shouldnt be any big deal.

Gotcha! I enjoyed looking at the styles. The tips are base level-- they will definitely help the newbies and those transitioning.

JJamiah

@virtuenow that is right because we are EXPERIENCED up in this piece :giggles: I am just messing withcha! But we are experienced ladies. I love the forum because we test it out as soon as things hit the shelf. mean while they making articles on it years later.

Transitioning and BC, for real? ummmm not common folk words :look:

You know you frequent the hair forum when.....

All in all it is good for the people who are new as said.