15 months into transition - Help me type my hair!

openexpression

Ok ladies, I am 15 months into my transition. I plan on doing the BC on my 28th birthday (April 19, 2011) when I will be 18 months post. I am really excited about this journey...I got my first relaxer at 6 years old, so this is all new to me. The thing I miss most about my relaxed hair is the ability to get roller wraps and the body and swing...BUT my hair is stronger than it has ever been and I can now enjoy my color without worrying about tons of breakage.

Back to the matter at hand...can you guys help me "type" my hair? I apologize if the quality of the pics aren't up to par but I had to take these on my EVO...I can't find my camera charger. The pics are various shots of my hair...fresh out of the shower with no product. Thanks for your responses!

Attachments

• IMAG0248.jpg
    IMAG0248.jpg
    503.3 KB · Views: 77
  • IMAG0251.jpg
    IMAG0251.jpg
    499.7 KB · Views: 70
  • IMAG0252.jpg
    IMAG0252.jpg
    501.1 KB · Views: 74
  • IMAG0254.jpg
    IMAG0254.jpg
    477.5 KB · Views: 71
  • IMAG0255.jpg
    IMAG0255.jpg
    497.3 KB · Views: 66

Your Cheeziness

You won't be able to tell until the relaxer is completely off. The relaxed ends are weighing your natural hair down extending the curl. It's more important to learn what your individual hair likes. Hair typing won't determine that since everyone's hair needs is different. Congrats on your transition, I wish I had that patience.

FebeeSigns

^^ ITA Exactly what I was going to say. Until you get all of the relaxer off, typing your hair will be seriously inaccurate. Your relaxed ends give weight to your natural hair, and it is possible that it is giving a false appearance of a different texture than it actually is. Suggested that you chop of the relaxed ends and take a picture of your hair wet and dry, no product. Cheezi is right individual hair strands are more important C: Not everyone with your hair type can recommend you products that works especially for you. Congrats on your transition, I'm always so happy when people decide to let go of chemicals! I don't think you'll regret it!