15 month into Transition Pics...you post too:)

SimpleBrooklyn

Hello Ladies,

My last perm was the end of March 2007. So I've been transitioning for I guess about 15 months. Here is a pic of my bangs which are all natural (got scissor happy, but not BC ready). And a pic of back of my head after wash. I just wanted to know if this amount of hair that I have is a good amount for 15months. I don't know where my ruler is, so i figured I would ask the professionals.

I guess for a little inspiration too I would appreciate it if you ladies could post pics of what your transitioning/natural hair looks or looked like at 15 months...just for a little comparison so that I can see if I am on schedule.

Oh yeah, I hope you can see pic. It kept saying attachment was too big so I resized. How do you attach pics regular size anyway?

Thank ladies

Attachments

• hair natural bangs II 5-08.JPG
    hair natural bangs II 5-08.JPG
    37.5 KB · Views: 242
  • P6160250.JPG
    P6160250.JPG
    86.7 KB · Views: 303
Last edited:

BeautifulFlower

PURTY:grin:
Hello Ladies,

My last perm was the end of March 2007. So I've been transitioning for I guess about 15 months. Here is a pic of my bangs which are all natural (got scissor happy, but not BC ready). And a pic of back of my head after wash. I just wanted to know if this amount of hair that I have is a good amount for 15months. I don't know where my ruler is, so i figured I would ask the professionals.

I guess for a little inspiration too I would appreciate it if you ladies could post pics of what your transitioning/natural hair looks or looked like at 15 months...just for a little comparison so that I can see if I am on schedule.

Oh yeah, I hope you can see pic. It kept saying attachment was too big so I resized. How do you attach pics regular size anyway?

Thank ladies

caribgirl

Oooh- You have done so well!!! Beautiful texture and you're just about all natural!!!!!

Congrats!!! :grin:

SimpleBrooklyn

Thank ladies so much. Man this transition thing is hard. I keep playing with my hair. I want to cut it, but I know I wanted to wait at least until New Year's (trying to start 09 fresh).

And the texture thing is bananas. There are so many of them. The front is looser as you can see. And I don't know whats going on everywhere else. Also, I get pissed when it turns into another after a wash. But during the wash I love it beacause it just hangs. Oh well.

I love the fros on the women on this board and out in the real world, but I just don't feel I have the face nor body for it nor style. I'm a tomboy at heart and I feel with the short do I will look like boy lol.

TaraDyan

Natural again ... this time for good!
Aww snap! SimpleBrooklyn, is that you? I haven't seen you around here in a while. Hey, girl! :wave:

Like everyone said, your hair is gorgeous and it looks like you have a good amount of natural hair to me. I started my transition in March 2007 just like you, so we're right in the same transitioning spot.

SimpleBrooklyn

Hey Ms. TaraDyan! Yes its me. Been laying low. My hair was getting on my nerves for like a couple of months so I really wasn't paying any attention to the new growth. I would just wash, condition, and put it back in a bun for the most part.

But glad to hear from you. You hair is looking great. I kept secretly hoping that you would BC before me so I could get an idea of the size my hair would be. LOL! That's mean huh?! Haha. It's all in love though:)

So...do you know when you are gonna BC? Still going for 2 years? Like I was saying I have been itching. I might cut before. The reason I say this is because I am tired of trying to do my hair. And "doing" my hair just consists of detangling and putting it in a bun. I don't get my hair straigtened because I sweat so much in my head that it turns back. So like I was saying I was thinking of getting braids, but i figured they might go faster if I did the BC.

So um....do you ladies have any pics of braid styles. Like micros. I was thinking about the twist mircos. Does that make any sense?

P.S. I hate braids, but i need to do something. Hair taking up too much time and I still look like a bad 13 year-old when I'm done.

SimpleBrooklyn

Thanks for the compliment Christa. But like i was saying earlier, my hair has many textures. The bang area has more loose curls. When my hair dries on the rest....lawd help me....lol

TaraDyan

Natural again ... this time for good!
Hey Ms. TaraDyan! Yes its me. Been laying low. My hair was getting on my nerves for like a couple of months so I really wasn't paying any attention to the new growth. I would just wash, condition, and put it back in a bun for the most part.

But glad to hear from you. You hair is looking great. I kept secretly hoping that you would BC before me so I could get an idea of the size my hair would be. LOL! That's mean huh?! Haha. It's all in love though:)

So...do you know when you are gonna BC? Still going for 2 years? Like I was saying I have been itching. I might cut before. The reason I say this is because I am tired of trying to do my hair. And "doing" my hair just consists of detangling and putting it in a bun. I don't get my hair straigtened because I sweat so much in my head that it turns back. So like I was saying I was thinking of getting braids, but i figured they might go faster if I did the BC.

So um....do you ladies have any pics of braid styles. Like micros. I was thinking about the twist mircos. Does that make any sense?

P.S. I hate braids, but i need to do something. Hair taking up too much time and I still look like a bad 13 year-old when I'm done.

Ha, ha, ha, ha :lachen:... actually, I ain't mad at you. I stalk Fotkis all the time trying to see how long other people have transitioned so I can get a sense of what mine will look like.

Actually, I AM going to BC before you. My plan is to chop first week in September, so you'll be able to see what mine looks like (it will be 18 months at that point). I'm fighting the urge to chop it right now. For real ... every day is a struggle not to cut it, but I'm trying to restrain myself and reach this 18-month milestone just to see if I can do.

Good to see you around!

audacity.

Aww snap! SimpleBrooklyn, is that you? I haven't seen you around here in a while. Hey, girl! :wave:

Like everyone said, your hair is gorgeous and it looks like you have a good amount of natural hair to me. I started my transition in March 2007 just like you, so we're right in the same transitioning spot.

Tara has pic is her fotki. Her hair is gorgeous!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:yep::yep:

FindingMe

Tara has pic is her fotki. Her hair is gorgeous!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:yep::yep:

Yep, I can vouch.:yep: I been all up in there:look:. (DG, I been all up in yours, too!) Most times I don't sign in so I can just stalk unawares...:lachen:

Between you two and SB, I really think I can do this transition thing without the BC...I am just 3 months in...THANKS LADIES for the inspiration!:grin: All three of you have LOVELY HAIR!!!:yep:

audacity.

Yep, I can vouch.:yep: I been all up in there:look:. (DG, I been all up in yours, too!) Most times I don't sign in so I can just stalk unawares...:lachen:

Between you two and SB, I really think I can do this transition thing without the BC...I am just 3 months in...THANKS LADIES for the inspiration!:grin: All three of you have LOVELY HAIR!!!:yep:

:blush::blush: OMG! Thanks so much! You can do the transition w/o BC, just know that it WILL try your patience....find someone to vent your frustrations to when you get them and someone to talk you down from the ledge! :lol:

good luck!

Whimsy

looks great!!!
i love those cute n curly bangs
and i don't know how ur not itching to cut those lingering lil bits of relaxed hair off! your natural hair looks soooo healthy and fabulous!

adf23

I love your hair! You are doing a great job with your transition. I am right at 15 months as well. I need to take some updated pics.

I agree with TaraDyan- everytime I wash, I think of chopping. Phony ponys and half wigs have been my lifeline. I keep telling DH, "you'll see my own hair, down, at some point before 2010!" lmao.

I am planning to cut at the two year mark. If I can make it through the hot summer without cutting, I'm good. :yep:

SimpleBrooklyn

Whimsy, FindingMe, adf23...thank you so much. I appreciate your compliments.
Thank all of you for your compliments and support.

I don't know what it is about the summer, but man, every night I am all up in my hair. Matter of fact the other night I went to the middle back of my head and cut off the relaxed ends just to see how long that braid would be. My mother keeps laughing at me and telling me to go ahead and cut it, but I just can't. Hahahahah.

see...

Attachments

• P6150208.JPG
    P6150208.JPG
    77.7 KB · Views: 50

SimpleBrooklyn

adf23...oooohh weeeee, you hair is looking nice. I just saw your fotki. Shoot, if my hair was hanging like yours I would be 100% natural by now:)

But hang in there. you are doing a great job.

NikStarrr

Your hair looks great! Hang in there! If you hold out all the way until New Years, you will have so much natural hair to work with when you do BC. :yawn:

FindingMe

I love your hair! You are doing a great job with your transition. I am right at 15 months as well. I need to take some updated pics.

I agree with TaraDyan- everytime I wash, I think of chopping. Phony ponys and half wigs have been my lifeline. I keep telling DH, "you'll see my own hair, down, at some point before 2010!" lmao.

I am planning to cut at the two year mark. If I can make it through the hot summer without cutting, I'm good. :yep:

OK, I just added your FOTKI to my stalker list...That phony pony is the biz-ness!!! OMG!:drunk:

SimpleBrooklyn

FAMUDva hang in there. I swear from 6months to 1 yr goes by quickly...now after that...I don't know:)

LuvMyBigHair- I have to say that I DO love your hair lol. So can I ask...when did you BC?

adf23..yes that pony is on point!!!!!!!!

NikStarrr

FAMUDva hang in there. I swear from 6months to 1 yr goes by quickly...now after that...I don't know:)

LuvMyBigHair- I have to say that I DO love your hair lol. So can I ask...when did you BC?

adf23..yes that pony is on point!!!!!!!!

BC'd about a month ago. After transitioning for a year. My initial goal was to transition for 18 months. I have to admit, I wish I would have hung in there that long. I'm glad I chopped, but 6 inches of really curly hair does look REALLY short. I'm in a curly weave now, and going to do this consistently until the New Year. I just need about 3-4 more inches and then I'll be satisfied. :grin:

cinnamin316

I guess i'm around 14 months post. I dont have as much new growth as you. My album link is in my siggy. I love your bangs they are sooo cute.

SouthernTease

I'm about 17 months into my transition... I haven't taken any pics lately
I took these at the 1 Year Mark... I might take more soon... idk idk
I guess I'm bracing myself for the "BC ALREADY!!!" comments...
so tired of hearing that.

Last edited: