15 yr. old on Oprah Started Her Own Hairline After Her Hair Fell Out

BeaLady

I'm going to look into her products.

Jasmine vowed to never use harsh chemicals on her hair again and started researching how to create her own all-natural hair products. In less than a year, Jasmine found the perfect mixture of hair products. "When [my hair] started to come back, I'm just so happy that it was finally working," she says.

After attending a camp for young entrepreneurs, Jasmine had another big idea—to start her own business. She found ingredients and learned how to import them all on the Internet!

Now, at age 15, Jasmine is CEO and founder of Eden Body Works, named for the Garden of Eden where everything was pure and natural. Soon, Jasmine could be running her own empire. Big retail chains are now interested in picking up her line. "We meet with Wal-Mart later this month," she says. "We're going to propose to them our home collection."
http://www.edenbodyworks.net/

BrooklynSouth

Thanks, I'll check it out at 7Pm on channel 55, the Long Island network! I do record it every day on WABC at 4PM but rarely get to review the VCR.

lmjenk67

This is awesome! I will definitely try the young sister's products (once I giveaway some stuff at next month's meeting)!

DSP

I just saw this too. I would like to see what her hair looks like underneath the braids though. All her pictures showed her wearing braids.

Avaya

just_DSP said:
I just saw this too. I would like to see what her hair looks like underneath the braids though. All her pictures showed her wearing braids.

Agreed. All you need is an inch of hair to have some braids put in...

BrooklynSouth

Jojoba and tea tree, wondering if she is a member here? Her products are really not bad for hair health but I have to wait until 7pm to see the show.

pressncurl

just_DSP said:

Same here. If I saw a beautiful head of her own hair, I'd be more convinced to buy . . . but I may try some of the products anyway. I went to the site, and the jojoba temple balm looks like it could be great. I'm noticing not all ingredients are listed for products though, just the key ingredients. Do other all-natural product companies do this?

Last edited:

Ms_Twana

Damn, you're fast!!!! I was coming on here to start a thread!!!! :lachen: :lachen: :lachen:

Yeah, I agree that I was wondering what her hair looks like too. But just because she's a young African American girl doing her thang, I'm going to support her off just that!!!! I'll let you ladies know once I actually try something.

Last edited:

locoabouthair

Ms_Twana said:
Damn, you're fast!!!! I was coming on here to start a thread!!!! :lachen: :lachen: :lachen:

Yeah, I agree that I was wondering what her hair looks like too. But just because she's a young African American girl doing her thang, I'm going to support her off just that!!!! I'll let you ladies know once I actually try something.

Exactly what I was thinking, plus the products are relatively inexpensive.

MizAvalon

Good for Lil Mama for doing her thing, but it would be nice to see what HER hair looks like.

Maybe she's still recovering from her hair loss?

P

patient1

I don't need to see what her hair looks. Not trying to start nothing, but have we ever seen the hair on the heads of the folks who sell us Mizani, Keracare, Wildgrowth Oil, etc. etc. etc.

I'm super impressed and if I'm not mistaken, I saw her line in Whole Foods somewhere.

I have the same ingredients she has in bulk for my own work, BUT I'm still gonna buy a bottle of something to salute her and inspire some other young entrepreneurs.

p1

Ayeshia

damn just imagine if a real Lhcf'er went on that joint...we could have a stock if oprah invested in that site.

Dare~to~Dream

Alli77 said:
Isn't that a pic of her in the upper right hand on the site with the natural puff/fro? THe girl looks very similar to her?

I noticed that too....it looks as if it could be her.

Isis

BeaLady said:

Jasmine vowed to never use harsh chemicals on her hair again and started researching how to create her own all-natural hair products. In less than a year, Jasmine found the perfect mixture of hair products. "When [my hair] started to come back, I'm just so happy that it was finally working," she says.

After attending a camp for young entrepreneurs, Jasmine had another big idea—to start her own business. She found ingredients and learned how to import them all on the Internet!

Now, at age 15, Jasmine is CEO and founder of Eden Body Works, named for the Garden of Eden where everything was pure and natural. Soon, Jasmine could be running her own empire. Big retail chains are now interested in picking up her line. "We meet with Wal-Mart later this month," she says. "We're going to propose to them our home collection."
Oh, I missed this segment of Oprah, just caught the end of the show. I love the name of her business and her success is going to be off the chart in no time! I am so happy for her! :)

DDTexlaxed

TRANSITION OVER! 11-22-14
I love it when young ones excel!:D I'll watch the show, but I'm not buying anything until my cupboards are bare.;)

The Girl

BrooklynSouth said:
Jojoba and tea tree, wondering if she is a member here?
I immediately thought of this...its quite likely and possible ladies...I am proud of her though..ok off to her site

GoldenBreeze

I just saw it. There are some really special and smart children on her show today. Impressive!!! I pray that Jasmine gets the contract with Wal-mart.

brooklyngal73

SteelyDan/DonaldFagenFan!
She's so inspirational. If she's an indication of our future, then there are no worries!

It's great that she's doing big things. Her site's very professional, and the products aren't expensive. I've gotta give a gal my business.

BeaLady said:

LadyJay114

BrooklynSouth said:
Thanks, I'll check it out at 7Pm on channel 55, the Long Island network! I do record it every day on WABC at 4PM but rarely get to review the VCR.

i saw the very end of he show so i missed the girl. i think it comes on again at 1am on ch 7

SparklingFlame

I just bought the Eden hair pack with the oil, shampoo and conditioner. I'll post a review after I use them. Im sure they'll be tha BOMB!

prettyinpurple

Alright I'm the next guinea pig.

I ordered the hair oil, the temple balm and a sugar mint candle. I'm not a fan of peppermint poo/condish so that was a no for me.

At least I did get rid of a ton of stuff at the DC get together so I don't feel too bad lol.

Blu217

Ya'll realize this girl's career just took off after today. If this is what she wants to do, she's SET from the Oprah exposure. Her business just exploded.