$154 Brush!!! Mason Pearson?

Omg! Ive never heard of such a thing. :eek: I wonder what makes it so great....:confused: Beats me!

There is no way in the WORLD i would ever pay that much for a brush. :lol:

Indigo's Hair said:
Has anyone ever heard of this brush? Why does it cost so much? Beauty.com is selling it for $154. Check out the link.

http://www.drugstore.com/products/prod.asp?pid=56271&catid=9730&brand=17768&trx=PLST-0-BRAND&trxp1=9730&trxp2=56271&trxp3=1&trxp4=0&btrx=BUY-PLST-0-BRAND

$154:eek: :eek: They can keep that brush.:lol: They say it for fine to normal hair too. That wouldn't work in my hair. I wouldn't even think twice about it. I wonder how money of those they sell in a month.

Sweetcoco82 said:
$154:eek: :eek: They can keep that brush.:lol: They say it for fine to normal hair too. That wouldn't work in my hair. I wouldn't even think twice about it. I wonder how money of those they sell in a month.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Okay!

JLove74 said:
I have that brush - love it to death.

Wow!!! Did you pay that price, or you got a special deal? What do you love about it? Is hair loss absolutely minimal? Do you think it was worth the money? Please share your experiences, if you dont mind! :)

KiniKakes said:
Wow!!! Did you pay that price, or you got a special deal? What do you love about it? Is hair loss absolutely minimal? Do you think it was worth the money? Please share your experiences, if you dont mind! :)

I paid around $130 (I think) it was about 5 years ago. I like it because when I use the Mason Pearson roundbrush, my hair gets real straight and silky feeling. I even take it to the salon with me:) The pictured brush is good for me because I can get heavy handed with brushing, but this is soft and don't hurt my scalp. My hair loss is normal, nothing to be alarmed about.

JLove74 said:
I paid around $130 (I think) it was about 5 years ago. I like it because when I use the Mason Pearson roundbrush, my hair gets real straight and silky feeling. I even take it to the salon with me:) The pictured brush is good for me because I can get heavy handed with brushing, but this is soft and don't hurt my scalp. My hair loss is normal, nothing to be alarmed about.

Awesome! Thanks for sharing, girl.

I have one of their seamless combs, and have seen the brush. It just seems way too expensive, and I don't brush often.

GoldenBreeze said:
I have one of their seamless combs, and have seen the brush. It just seems way too expensive, and I don't brush often.

That is what I was thinking....I don't brush often. Also, isn't brushing a "no no" in proper hair care etiquette :lol: !!

I have three of these brushes. A large size one and the pocket sized one to take with me and also a detangler brush. My hair is both fine and thinning and I seem to lose less hair when I use these brushes. Also, they last for years (I've had mine for at least 4 years).

They can be purchased much cheaper than $154.

Probably for the same reason that they have $500 pairs of scissors. If you are a professional you need quality tools that you can use on hundreds of heads that won't fall to pieces on you.

What de bloodclaat!! Now I KNOW this brush isn't for black people. This is a quote from the website:

" If you have two Mason Pearson brushes take one in each hand and brush as rapidly as you can for a really good hair and scalp tone-up".

A) WTH has $300 just lying around to spend on brushes?? AND
B) Why would you rapidly brutalize your hair in this fashion??:whyme:

Flawdagator said:
What de bloodclaat!! Now I KNOW this brush isn't for black people. This is a quote from the website:

" If you have two Mason Pearson brushes take one in each hand and brush as rapidly as you can for a really good hair and scalp tone-up".

A) WTH has $300 just lying around to spend on brushes?? AND
B) Why would you rapidly brutalize your hair in this fashion??:whyme:

LOL :lol: I do love the brush... but that does sound brutal...

ravenmerlita said:
LOL :lol: I do love the brush... but that does sound brutal...

I guess I can only comment based on my individual hair perspective. I am have 4a/b and I am currently 12 weeks into stretching a relaxer. I am also extremely apprehensive when it comes to hair brushes. So you can imagine the visual I got when read the website's suggested use. But hey, I guess Brutality is in the eye of the beholder. I am just a little gentler. I hope this post has not offended those in the S&M community. :eek: :lol: lol

The only way I would buy this brush is if Tyrone em' were selling it out the back of a trunk for the lo lo.

Mason Pearson brushes are supposedly the best in thr world or something. I don't brush my hair enough to justify that price.

Indigo's Hair said:
Has anyone ever heard of this brush? Why does it cost so much? Beauty.com is selling it for $154. Check out the link.

http://www.drugstore.com/products/prod.asp?pid=56271&catid=9730&brand=17768&trx=PLST-0-BRAND&trxp1=9730&trxp2=56271&trxp3=1&trxp4=0&btrx=BUY-PLST-0-BRAND

I know several celebrities (JLO, Gwyneth Paltrow) use this brush. I think it's partly for the name and partly b/c they use some high end boar bristles. Those must be the best boar's in the world!:lol: :lol: :lol:

Luckily for most of us, since we don't really brush our hair, it's irrelevant!

JLove74 said:

I can vouch that your hair always does look silky and smooth.

I've got Mason Pearson seamless combs, they're great. Paid about £6 each for them ($12). My 'rake' comb has gone missing though and I'm reluctant to fork out another £6! :lol:
So as you can imagine, I don't feel the need to get any of their brushes! I got a denman D5 which does the job. I don't like boar bristles anyway.

FAO any UK members who do though, it's 'only' £45.50 here (and free postage, I've used them for my combs, a good site). I think it's the B3.

ravenmerlita said:
I have three of these brushes. A large size one and the pocket sized one to take with me and also a detangler brush. My hair is both fine and thinning and I seem to lose less hair when I use these brushes. Also, they last for years (I've had mine for at least 4 years).

They can be purchased much cheaper than $154.

Thats what I was thinking. They look like paddles brushed that I have seen at the Bss and Sally's

JLove74 said:

Jlove, do you remember where you got the Mason Pearson roundbrush? I've been looking for one and can't find it.

Back