2 Year Anniversary Update

Babygurl

Well its official, it been 2 years since I started my quest for healthy hair. (I started August 1, 2003.) My hair is still growing very well. I decided to do a mini-update, Im currently 16 weeks post-relaxer. Ill be trimming starting with my next relaxer, I havent trimmed in 2 long years!! Overall my hair is pretty healthy. I still wear buns 99% of the time. Ill do another update once I relax (whenever that will be). So enjoy!! http://public.fotki.com/BabygurlNC/hair_challenge_year_2/ password is in my signature...Happy 2 Year Anniversary pictures are at the bottom!

J

JenniferMD

You've had some awesome growth in two years! Congratulations on your hairniversay! :grin:

kombov_dymond

Unbelievable! You are definitely one of my hair idols. A whole 2 years with no trim? You know your stuff! Your ends look great!

Do you self-relax? I don't remember.

Babygurl

kombov_dymond said:
Unbelievable! You are definitely one of my hair idols. A whole 2 years with no trim? You know your stuff! Your ends look great!

Do you self-relax? I don't remember.

Thanks very much! Yes I am a self-relaxer. Ill be trimming my hair soon, I want those ends even!

Ayeshia

Wow I cant believe that your hair is in that great of a condition without trimming for two years...it looks amazing! Maybe I can stretch my trim to a full year :)

Great Progress..your hair is beautiful. Thank You for sharing. Looking at you album is very inspiring. You have me doing inch per month calculations for another two years. Beautiful!

rai

WHOOOAA!! BEAUTIFUL!! Thanks for sharing. Now of course, I will ask you the common question.

What do you think most contributed to you retaining your growth? Any advice for us ladies.... :)

vikkisecret

Nubian Girl
Man I just posted in your fotki girl...and what can I say. Your hair is breathtaking!! An ultimate inspiration to me and many ladies on the board. Share some of those hair growing secrets girl....

What is the 1 thing that helped to keep your growing?

Babygurl

vikkisecret said:
Man I just posted in your fotki girl...and what can I say. Your hair is breathtaking!! An ultimate inspiration to me and many ladies on the board. Share some of those hair growing secrets girl....

What is the 1 thing that helped to keep your growing?

Hi ladies, I dont really have any secrets...I wear buns 99% of the time, I only use direct heat 3-4 times per year. I wash and deep condition every 3 days and relax every 12-20 weeks. Thats about it. I think my hair grew because I left it alone. I just bun it and let it be.

Babygurl

Armyqt said:
Your progress is awesome. And your ends don't look bad at all for not trimming in two years :up:

They look bad enough, so Im going to trim, they are finally uneven after 2 years...So hopefully now Ill only have to trim once a year...it seems to stay even for a fairly long time.