2 Yr, 2 Month Update: This Thread's Useless Without Pics... SO HERE'S A BUNCH!

MissMeWithThatIsh

2 Yr, 2 Month Update: Condensed to one post

So I know I can be rebellious, outspoken on certain topics, then confused and sometimes clueless in others...but I really came here... originally, for my hair. I never had a problem getting to shoulder length or below... but I never really enjoyed using chemicals... OR living without them. I tried to see how much I would love being natural... and jumped the gun 2 times.. only to have severe reversion. Now I'm not natural... but I have 100% of my shrinkage. After rough chopping damaged ends in 2007... and protectively wigging it out (buns wouldn't let my bangs grow out and made my transition look ROUGH)... here is my current update... in chronological order.

Any questions, comments - ask... BUT PLEASE NOTE: My flatiron (Maxius) is old... like 4 years old... and even though hardly touched, never really seemed hot enough to get that silky swing I'd get in a salon. I still cannot blowdry... so I airdry and then flatiron... it looks best that way as well. Nevertheless, this result is more like a puffy blowout! But it's for length checks, not aesthetics.

JULY-August 2007 - I cut my hair's texlaxed pieces off

This picture is BAD because of all the condish in my hair... and the pimple...but I still had more to cut -this was the shortest my hair has ever been minus a TWA in 2004 but I have no pics and I think it was still this length just shrunken.

AND NOW WHAT YOU BEEN WAITING FOR!!!!!

AUGUST 2009 -

WET - no product

FLATIRONED - looks like a blowout... excuse my fatback

Last edited:

MissMeWithThatIsh

Great job TLD.

Do you have any picture from 09?

Thank you ladies... Yes... LMAO... I took a LONG time trying to get them all... it's spread over 2 or 3 edited posts.... sorry it took so long!

ETA: Please excuse that white cat in my shingle pic... it's a clean freak

SunnyDelight

Wonderful progress mama!! I am wiggin' it now until December and love it. Sometimes it gets boring or tiresome but the rewards are delicious. Your hair looks great. Loving the thickness.

MissMeWithThatIsh

Congrats! Now you know you gotta post a reggie with those pics! lol

My regimen is simple... condition, condition, cornrow and wig. That's really the ONLY thing I do that's consistent. I have no truly flawless way to flatiron my hair (I know blowdrying does NOT work!)... or any idea on the best moisturizers. I lurk in and out of threads and fotkis and copy what may look good to me.

My biggest retainment challenge was detangling the crown... sectioning (a la Chicoro and other members) and detangling damp/wet/with conditioner is good for me. My biggest GROWTH hurdle is the front. I had been bunning for a good minute (my job required my hair stay off the collar)... and I cut bangs but they wouldn't grow until I resolved to cornrow horizontally along the hairline, vertically all over the rest and just leave it alone with wigs. I washed whenever I chose to in and out of the wigs.

I played with MTG/Ovation BUT I wasn't consistent. It did help my hairline when I taped over it for a lacefront.

Wonderful progress mama!! I am wiggin' it now until December and love it. Sometimes it gets boring or tiresome but the rewards are delicious. Your hair looks great. Loving the thickness.

Yes it IS very boring and tiresome... I've taken it off in the middle of the summer because it was "too hot" to deal with. LMAO I have NOOO shame when it comes to that sometimes. I know it's a wig, and I won't pretend it's not.. but looking at 4 hours PLUS of effort and my hair is still thick and poofy? That's why I won't even bother with it that much yet.

Keep it moving! I'm proof wigs are great

Ediese

WOWZERS!! Congrats on your wonderful progress!! Your hair is thick and really pretty! I love your texture!

Chicoro

5 Year Shea Anniversary: Started Dec 16th, 2016!
The length, thickness and health of your hair have all improved! It is so thick and you DO look like a doll! Your process is consistent with almost everyone else's process (including my own), I see on here with long lengths and very healthy hair. Keep going.

Vonnieluvs08

Wow!! You and your hair are beautiful. Thank you for sharing your progress. I love your update, it is so inspiring. Keep up your good work.