2009 Chicoro Hair Update-Picture Heavy

Curlykale

Chicoro, your hair is beautiful and I cannot thank you enough: your aloe-oil prepoo was the only thing that saved me from the nightmare of a protein overload (my hair was suddenly falling, breaking and wanting to become a huge knot and it didn't feel and look like hair anymore, for a month or 2. Now I know that my hair hates avocados, eggs and yogurt and the obsession is over :lol:). Thank you so much for the information you share.

Last edited:

gn1g

yes she is, maybe she will update us with a current hair pic and regiment. She is my fine hair idol.

Chicoro

5 Year Shea Anniversary: Started Dec 16th, 2016!
Bumping for those who are new to the forum.. And because I love Chicoro!!!
soonergirl- How very sweet of you to say! :blowkiss:Thank you!

Is she still on the forum? I have always drooled over her hair.
janeemat-First, may I applaud you? :clapping: What great care you give yourself. You look absolutely fabulous! Yes, I am still here!

yes she is, maybe she will update us with a current hair pic and regiment. She is my fine hair idol.
gn1g- I didn't know. :blush: :kiss:

Oh great! Chircoro come out come out:grin:

@Chicoro hey ladybug if you have a minute we would love a drive by lol!!!

Ladybug has come out, come out! Hello, ladies! Who could resist such a summons. In 2012 I did three (3) trims and cut off about six (6) inches of hair. I am just a little below/passed waist length.

Right now I am using protective styling. I keep my hair moist, seal the ends with vaseline and cover with a baggie for the entire day. I also cover with a plastic bag at night to keep it moist.

I have no updates for 2013, yet. My regimen is a weekly wash with any mild shampoo, cheap conditioner and a mild protein treatment. I do a deep moisture pre-poo weekly as well.

The last time I straightened was in October 2012. Maybe in May or June of 2013 I can do a length check. I told the lovely Lucie that I am really rigid with my hair. I like to only straighten based on my schedule. I know this post is nothing without a photo, but I don't have a current one at this time!
As always, I appreciate the interest and the support.

janeemat

Hi Chicoro:clap::clap::clap: Thanks for coming out to play with us! I am looking forward to seeing some 2013 pics.

Thanks for the compliment as well!

gn1g

@soonergirl- How very sweet of you to say! :blowkiss:Thank you!

@janeemat-First, may I applaud you? :clapping: What great care you give yourself. You look absolutely fabulous! Yes, I am still here!

@gn1g- I didn't know. :blush: :kiss:

Ladybug has come out, come out! Hello, ladies! Who could resist such a summons. In 2012 I did three (3) trims and cut off about six (6) inches of hair. I am just a little below/passed waist length.

Right now I am using protective styling. I keep my hair moist, seal the ends with vaseline and cover with a baggie for the entire day. I also cover with a plastic bag at night to keep it moist.

I have no updates for 2013, yet. My regimen is a weekly wash with any mild shampoo, cheap conditioner and a mild protein treatment. I do a deep moisture pre-poo weekly as well.

The last time I straightened was in October 2012. Maybe in May or June of 2013 I can do a length check. I told the lovely @Lucie that I am really rigid with my hair. I like to only straighten based on my schedule. I know this post is nothing without a photo, but I don't have a current one at this time!
As always, I appreciate the interest and the support.

Did I read correctly, you do a mild protein every week? what brand of protein are you using and what's the name of the deep moisturizer? My hair has changed lanes on me. What is use to like it does not like anymore :look: I am also about 1 year into transitioning to natural. So I am in the midst of finding my balance again. I think I too must be a bit more strict with my regiment, however I wash and condition every 2 weeks and I was doing protein treatments once a month with duo-tex or Nexxus emergencee but maybe I will try up that to every wash day. I also trim once a month.