∞°∞°2012 Baggy Challenge!!!∞°∞°

Marking my spot, so will be baggying in another 2 weeks or so for 2-3 times a week.

GHE last night with castor oil. Tonight will probably be my growth aid (I really don't remember the name).

I plan to GHE/Baggy at least 4x per week. I definately notice the difference in moisture lost the next day after a night without using this method, so sticking with it for the long haul!

ETA: LAAAAWWWWWWWWDDDDDDDDD! I am getting old :lachen:, said basically the same thing upthread. I couldn't remember if I posted in the new challenge.

Gonna ghe on dry hair in saran wrap overnight. Whether I ghe or baggy, my head always has at least a scarf and a bonnet on to trap more heat.

If its not too late >.< , Id love to join. I have been baggying under my wigs and faux puffs, using KCKT plus JBCO and Sweet almond oil. I do this almost every night as I sleep.

~*HAPPY 2012 EVERYONE*~

Glad to do it!!
At least 2 a week with a neem, olive and sunflower mix for Fridays ie wash it out soon as possible and sunflower with olive oil if during the week.

Happy Baggying ladies (and gents).

Okay...I lied.

I started out with no product, but then I started reading about that whole deep moisture method thing and wanted to see if it'd work for me (and on braids...and with a baggy)...so I did that because I'm impatient and almost always have to try things right away. I did it and put the saran on reaaaaaalllly early in the am (didn't get to sleep until almost 5am)...so I haven't taken it off to see how it feels.

Ebonybunny Heck no, you can't join! You're a day too late! Get outta here! :kick:

j/k :lol:

Of course it's not too late! Welcome! :grin:

youwillrise I'm impatient too! Thought I was the only one. :giggle: There have been days when a new moisturizer was delivered in the mail... right after I moisturized my hair... and I plopped that newly delivered moisturizer right over my still-damp-from-moisturizing hair. :lol:

My husband always makes fun of me and just shakes his head when I get a new product, cuz he knows I'm bout to use it as soon as I open it.

Him: :nono:
Me: Shut up. *rubbing new conditioner into my nape*

GHE last night with Bee Mine Luscious Moisturizer and sealed with Oyin Pomade, wow my hair feel really moist and cool to touch :)

Soooo...I took the saran off...its still damp, so I won't say how it went just yet...but it feels good so far (though with my hair, the damp "good" feel is no indication that it'll be great dry)...like I said, I wanted to try the whole deep moisture thing and I know its usually done on loose hair then braided up, but I did it on already braided hair. I dampened my hair a bit with plain water, then I put ao hsr on sections and tried to make sure it got into the hair as well as I could...then I sealed with a oil/ butter mixture that I hadn't used in a long time - left over oyin burnt sugar pomade, castor oil, cocoa butter, sunflower oil, rice bran oil, apricot oil, avocado oil...I pretty much used all of the oils and butters I had at that time and mixed them together lol.

Ill come back when its dry.

Steamed with AOHSR and Pura Brazil Loc Oil, then put a bag on my head. I'll be doing GHE tonight. :bouncegre:

My hair dried from the deep moisture method + saran baggy and my hair felt really nice...moisturized! I was surprised. I didn't have much hope because verrrrrrry few things work for me. Ill keep trying this out and see how it does over time.

I put saran back on (tryna get that extra extra moisture) lol...I'm gonna take it off before I go to sleep, though and see how my hair feels in the morning.

I've been doing the Terressentials Mudwash detox by the book so I haven't used any additional product. I've been GHEing with just good old water the past two nights and will again tonight.

Been baggying nightly, with a teeny bit of my oil/water mix or nothing at all. Hair is feeling nice :yep:

Shay72 Argh! I've been trying so hard to ignore all of this mud wash talk! :lol:

How long have you been using it? Do you notice a difference in your hair?

How was fast was it shipped after you ordered?

@tiffers
I ordered it on Christmas day and I had it by that same week. They're in MD so that makes sense to me. Yes maam, I've noticed a difference. Curling from the root when I had an issue with that in certain sections, sections that I thought didn't have a curl pattern does, and after airdrying I would walk right out the door with no product bc my hair looks so good :yep:. Matter of fact I will be doing that because I am headed back to work tomorrow. Today is Day 4 and I plan to do it for the full 7 days.

ETA--I did it bc I'm a tightly coiled 4a and in the last pic I took you couldn't tell and I :love: my hair when I first bc'd. I'm determined to get back there and the mudwash is doing it. I'm going Curly Girl once this ends starting on Saturday. I was doing way too much :yep:.

Last edited:
Doing the GHE with some Sweet Oil. It's been on a few hours with a plastic cap. I think I m going to switch to saran wrap or a bonnet and hat because I'm scared I'll get an ear infection from all the moisture.

I did it last night with a cermacide oil blend mixed with condish and rose water. I added my elasta qp mango butter and olive oil on top. I'm trying to get rid of the QP

Didn't remove my baggy from last night. I think I'm going to stick with my moisturizer, coconut oil, and Castor oil for my nightly baggy ritual.:yep: My hair feels so strong!

Sent from my iPhone using LHCF

Hello Everyone:

I am not in this challenge. I just wanted to say that I did the GHE most of 2011 and my hair is just growing beautifully!

I wana join! Il GHE when I go to the gym prob 5 days a week n baggy weekends with whatever I can find

Ya'll I found these really cute bonnets to baggy with http://store.bonbonscheveux.com/ the hard candy has the liner.

300.JPG
300.JPG

Sprayed my hair with water and massaged Ultimate Growth Oil into my scalp. I'll be doing GHE tonight. :weird:

I rinsed & conditioned today (edit...errr "yesterday") with ao wc....I left it alone for a while, then re-dampened my hair, put on some ao wc & hsr and some of my butter/ oil mixture and baggy. Leaving on overnight. Last I checked, my hair felt good. I didn't use saran this time...just a regular ol bag.

Back