2013 WEEKEND TO REMEMBER!!

baddison

natural for good
GET AWAY AND COME TOGETHER!!

AT Family Life's Weekend To Remember Getaway, you can put aside life's daily distractions and focus on each other again! :2inlove:

Take a break from the busy-ness of life and reconnect with your spouse!!!

Check out these amazing testimonials:
http://www.familylife.com/events/featured-events/weekend-to-remember/tell-me-more/testimonials

The upcoming Parsippany, New Jersey Event is October 11-13, 2013. And we will be there, as always.

But these events are held in EVERY STATE around the county, so choose the one closest to you and ENJOY!!
Every speaker is unique and brings something new to us!! This is a WEEKEND YOU WILL NOT FORGET!!

I guarantee you will not be disappointed. There is something for EVERYONE at this 'feast'!! :flowers: :flowers:

And DO NOT PAY FULL PRICE EVER!!! Be sure to use a groupname: TheAddisonGroup (..shameless plug...:hide:) to get $120 OFF per couple!!!

Click HERE, or click the link in my signature to get started. Hope to see you and your spouse there!!

Attachments

• familylife.gif
    familylife.gif
    3 KB · Views: 9

aribell

formerly nicola.kirwan
I love Randy Carlson, he has a great ministry.

Oops, he does the Intentional Life ones. This is Dennis Rainey and Bob Lapine. They're great too. :lol:

Last edited:

baddison

natural for good

Oops, he does the Intentional Life ones. This is Dennis Rainey and Bob Lapine. They're great too. :lol:

LOL!!! No worries. :grin: Dennis Rainy and Bob Lapine are doing the Getaway in Washington DC, next month. (Feb. 2013). Too bad I cant attend that one because both of them are truly dynamic speakers!!

Shimmie

"God is the Only Truth -- Period"
Staff member
Sorry, guess I posted in the wrong thread. :love2:

LOL!!! No worries. :grin: Dennis Rainy and Bob Lapine are doing the Getaway in Washington DC, next month. (Feb. 2013). Too bad I cant attend that one because both of them are truly dynamic speakers!!

:bighug:

Love all of you... :giveheart:

I pray that each of you will be able to attend and just be blessed. This is a powerful Marriage Ministry.

baddison

natural for good
Shimmie.. you are such a blessing here. Thanks. Hey! Have you met Dennis Rainey and his wife? I still have not had a face-to-face yet.

Shimmie

"God is the Only Truth -- Period"
Staff member
Shimmie.. you are such a blessing here. Thanks. Hey! Have you met Dennis Rainey and his wife? I still have not had a face-to-face yet.

baddison, you are faithful beyond words.

Each day I look forward to your Daily Devotionals. You are so faithful to post them be it rain, snow, sleet, or hail or hurricane... or shine. Your daily posts are always there, no matter how busy your life is.

As for the Rainey's, I haven't met them face to face either, however I've spent so many years listening to their broadcasts, that I feel as if I've known them personally. They are a true blessing.

I thank God for you and wish you only His very best.

:blowkiss:

stephluv

I love when you post these (i think you did one before) i'm always like awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww....sorry not in a relationship but if I was i would definitely come out

baddison

natural for good
I love when you post these (i think you did one before) i'm always like awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww....sorry not in a relationship but if I was i would definitely come out

THanks. We do this every year. We just enjoy the marriage ministry. Folks spend money to go to college, they invest in the market, they buy expensive homes and cars, but often times the place they REALLY need to spend and invest.....they don't want to. THis ministry is sometimes challenging - especially to folks to believe their marriage is "just fine". But "just fine" means there's room for "fantastic". :yep:

kikigirl

Amen to investing into marriages!!!

I'm a faithful listener to Family Life's radio broadcasts, and DF and I look forward to being married and being able to take regular time outs to renew and strengthen our relationship.

baddison

natural for good
Amen to investing into marriages!!!

I'm a faithful listener to Family Life's radio broadcasts, and DF and I look forward to being married and being able to take regular time outs to renew and strengthen our relationship.

Congrats!! When is the "Big Day" ??

baddison

natural for good
kikigirl

OMG!! Breathtaking ....and simply beautiful. :heart2: :heart2: You are both so happy. I pray God's richest blessings for your union. You guys should really consider attending a WTR. I'm telling you, it will amaze you the amount of things we actually DON'T know when it comes to God's blueprints for marriage. You wont regret it.

kikigirl

kikigirl

OMG!! Breathtaking ....and simply beautiful. :heart2: :heart2: You are both so happy. I pray God's richest blessings for your union. You guys should really consider attending a WTR. I'm telling you, it will amaze you the amount of things we actually DON'T know when it comes to God's blueprints for marriage. You wont regret it.

baddison

Thanks, dear. We most certainly will.

DF and I are both gifts from God to each other. We think similarly about the most important and spiritual things. We already agreed as we were doing premarital counseling to:

1) keep in touch with our mentoring couple

2) seek out potential older couples from church after moving to another city in a few months

3) take time go on retreats and marriage enrichment programs like WTR

4) have frequent check-in conversations :)
DF is very good at this. I tend to become very quiet when I'm stressed out or focusing on a task. He can perceive my subtle changes in mood, and has a way of checking in right away, and asking "How are you doing?" :)

I may have missed this up-thread, but how often do you go to retreats such as WTR? How long have you been married? (If that's not too personal)

baddison

natural for good
baddison

Thanks, dear. We most certainly will.

DF and I are both gifts from God to each other. We think similarly about the most important and spiritual things. We already agreed as we were doing premarital counseling to:

1) keep in touch with our mentoring couple

2) seek out potential older couples from church after moving to another city in a few months

3) take time go on retreats and marriage enrichment programs like WTR

4) have frequent check-in conversations :)
DF is very good at this. I tend to become very quiet when I'm stressed out or focusing on a task. He can perceive my subtle changes in mood, and has a way of checking in right away, and asking "How are you doing?" :)

I may have missed this up-thread, but how often do you go to retreats such as WTR? How long have you been married? (If that's not too personal)

Not too personal at all!! :grin: Hubby and I have been married 25years as of November 2013 ....whoohoooo....God is truly an awesome God. With the divorce rate skyrocketing - both IN and OUT of the church!! - its such a blessing and an accomplishment to be married to the same person for so long. And folks find it hard to believe that we are actually HAPPY!!! When God is at the center of your marriage, you have nothing to fear. Conflicts are resolved in a Godly manner. Finances are shared and discussed in a Godly manner. Hopes, Dreams, and Goals are aligned in a Godly manner. Everything falls into place according to God's will. I love my husband, because he is truly God's "gift" to me. He is the spiritual leader in our home, as is the role of the husband in the Godly home.

We attend WTR 2 times per year!!! YUP!! We are the Weekend To Remember Directors for the Parsippany, New Jersey area, so we attend the Parsippany WTR every single year for the past 7years. We work the tables and the conference rooms. Then, we go to our own WTR as participants a few months after that. So we are attending these getaways regularly. Its wonderful to listen to the various stories and experiences shared by the dynamic speakers. Some of them are truly eye-openers as you listed to how God made the difference in marriages that were quickly headed downhill.

Also, the tools provided at the weekend are simply phenomenal! Repetition is definitely the best teacher. Every year we are refreshed and renewed with the principles that are brought out at these events. I love these weekends and look forward to going to each and every one.

We give these out as wedding gifts - free registrations to the Weekend To Remember...lOL! Its the only wedding gift we give.

Your premaritall counseling items are great. You two are certainly on the right track. Keep doing what you're doing, and you will enrich your marriage exponentially.

kikigirl

Not too personal at all!! :grin: Hubby and I have been married 25years as of November 2013 ....whoohoooo....God is truly an awesome God. With the divorce rate skyrocketing - both IN and OUT of the church!! - its such a blessing and an accomplishment to be married to the same person for so long. And folks find it hard to believe that we are actually HAPPY!!! When God is at the center of your marriage, you have nothing to fear. Conflicts are resolved in a Godly manner. Finances are shared and discussed in a Godly manner. Hopes, Dreams, and Goals are aligned in a Godly manner. Everything falls into place according to God's will. I love my husband, because he is truly God's "gift" to me. He is the spiritual leader in our home, as is the role of the husband in the Godly home.

We attend WTR 2 times per year!!! YUP!! We are the Weekend To Remember Directors for the Parsippany, New Jersey area, so we attend the Parsippany WTR every single year for the past 7years. We work the tables and the conference rooms. Then, we go to our own WTR as participants a few months after that. So we are attending these getaways regularly. Its wonderful to listen to the various stories and experiences shared by the dynamic speakers. Some of them are truly eye-openers as you listed to how God made the difference in marriages that were quickly headed downhill.

Also, the tools provided at the weekend are simply phenomenal! Repetition is definitely the best teacher. Every year we are refreshed and renewed with the principles that are brought out at these events. I love these weekends and look forward to going to each and every one.

We give these out as wedding gifts - free registrations to the Weekend To Remember...lOL! Its the only wedding gift we give.

Your premaritall counseling items are great. You two are certainly on the right track. Keep doing what you're doing, and you will enrich your marriage exponentially.

25 years!!!! Congratulations!!!!:thewave:

I look forward to attending our first WTR soon.:yep:

baddison

natural for good
OK....we just registered ourselves for the Skytop Lodge (Poconos, PA) Weekend To Remember event!!!!

Friday, March 8th
Saturday, March 9th
Sunday, March 10th

I am soooo excited!! :love4: :love4: I LOVE these events!!

Perhaps I will see some of you there!!!

mizbtown2

My husband and I went to one this past November. It was really eye opening. In fact I learned about here. I wish we could afford another one soon.

baddison

natural for good
My husband and I went to one this past November. It was really eye opening. In fact I learned about here. I wish we could afford another one soon.

mizbtown2 - Yeah these events are awesome!! "Eye-Opening" is definitely a great description. I learn something new each and every time I attend one. We'll be going soon to the one in Poconos, PA in March. I am so looking forward to my next eye-opening moment!!