2016 Use Up The Stash Challenge

CodeRed

Sooooo I have 228 haircare products :eek:

Nothing like a good mid year inventory to prove you don't need hair products now, you don't need hair products Black Friday, not the Black Friday after that or the one after that. HAVE SOME SEATS :whip:

ETA: my new goal of 2016 is to get down to 200 which will be hard since I plan to stay in a sew-in 90% of that time but I am determined

:eek:

trclemons

Sooooo I have 228 haircare products :eek:

Nothing like a good mid year inventory to prove you don't need hair products now, you don't need hair products Black Friday, not the Black Friday after that or the one after that. HAVE SOME SEATS :whip:

ETA: my new goal of 2016 is to get down to 200 which will be hard since I plan to stay in a sew-in 90% of that time but I am determined

I am probably right there with you. For next year's challenge, I will add all of my products to the list so I can see how many products I really have in my stash.

morgandenae

Morgan Denae'
That's ok. Honestly, if I didn't keep joining no-buy/use up stash challenges I'd probably have more than that :lol: I have to be really diligent because I'd have a whole room just for hair if I didn't stop. Especially when I first joined this site.

Yeah ill be in these thangs for a while :laugh: That is definitely me wanting to try EVERYTHING when I first joined/went natural . Since my hair has been such a priority of mine it's the first thing I'm gravitated to buy but 228 just snuck up on me :jail:

Vshanell

FKA Pokahontas
I try not to buy back ups anymore even if I love something cuz that's why I'm stuck with a lot of stuff I have now. I'll love something, stock up then down the line I'll either get tired of it or I don't have a place for it in my regimen anymore.

B_Phlyy

Pineapple Eating Unicorn
I didn't do a inventory for session 2 but here's what I used up

Shampoos - 1
Conditioners - 14
Leave-Ins - 5
Oils - 3
Stylers - 3
Coloring Products -5

Total Used Up - 31

Start of Session 3 Inventory (These numbers are from July 2)

Shampoos - 7
Conditioner - 48
Leave-In - 7
Stylers - 31
Oil - 11

Total products inventory - 105

At the beginning of the year, I had 47 products total. How do I have 48 CONDITIONERS now? :whyme:Granted, quite a bit of them are sample packs, but still. Every time I used one of those, that's more time it takes me to get to a full sized product.

I'm glad it's summer. I can wash and go more so I can move lots of products out that way. But I have a long way to go to get my stash back down.

uofmpanther

4ab, lopo, fine, low-med density
That's ok. Honestly, if I didn't keep joining no-buy/use up stash challenges I'd probably have more than that :lol: I have to be really diligent because I'd have a whole room just for hair if I didn't stop. Especially when I first joined this site.
Same here. This is my 4th year in this challenge. My first year, I got rid of 113 products.

Dayjoy

Old School Member
Finished up a bottle of CON Argan Oil shampoo. I came thisclose to finishing up two other items, but I guess today isn't the day.

I have decided to use up products in smaller containers first since they will be gone faster. I had a liter bottle of Redkin Cleansing Cream shampoo open and in use, but I also had an 8oz bottle of Ouidad Water Works on standby. I have switched those around as well as the 6.7oz jar of KBB pomade for the 2oz mini jar of CD pomade. I want to start knocking things off my list quicker. I got this idea based off something @trclemons posted.

CodeRed

Finished up a bottle of CON Argan Oil shampoo. I came thisclose to finishing up two other items, but I guess today isn't the day.

I have decided to use up products in smaller containers first since they will be gone faster. I had a liter bottle of Redkin Cleansing Cream shampoo open and in use, but I also had an 8oz bottle of Ouidad Water Works on standby. I have switched those around as well as the 6.7oz jar of KBB pomade for the 2oz mini jar of CD pomade. I want to start knocking things off my list quicker. I got this idea based off something @trclemons posted.

Soooo... If you trying to sell that Redken Cleansing Cream Shampoo... I'm just saying :look:

Edit: Nevermind. I'm on a no-buy and just remembered I have two weeks to go :lachen:

Dayjoy

Old School Member
If I make it to the health food store I will "have to" buy whatever AOWC they have left since we don't know if Aubrey will be sold anymore. It is the only/best DC for DD. I don't want to start the process of buying and trying.

trclemons

If I make it to the health food store I will "have to" buy whatever AOWC they have left since we don't know if Aubrey will be sold anymore. It is the only/best DC for DD. I don't want to start the process of buying and trying.
I love the white camellia, so I will be joining you on this one as well.

trclemons

I have been wanting to try Bye Bye Parabens and they finally have a sample with free shipping, so I took the bait. The sample includes shampoo, conditioner & healing oil.

Vshanell

FKA Pokahontas
Finished SM JBCO leave in. It was a little heavy for my hair if I used too much but I really liked it. I won't be repurchasing at this time though.

Also used up Annabelle's spray leave in. Very nice light leave in. Won't be a repurchase since I have 2 more to go through.

My heavy cream moisturizers and butter like products are at a stand still because they aren't really a part of my regimen anymore. I think I'll try using some of them on my body and on my hands and nails.