22 Amino Acids: Which ones do you take

cocoberry10

Hey Ladies:

Here is a list of the 22 Amino acids, which are the building blocks to protein. Now, we all know that protein helps hair (because hair is mostly protein). Anyway, here's the list of all 22, then I broke down essential and non-essential. Essential amino acids cannot be produced by the body (or by other amino acids)!

http://home.iprimus.com.au/kuekids/keto/amino.html

22 AMINO ACIDS

CYSTEINE
– for hair growth and an extended life span

VALINE
– the spark of mental health

GLUCINE
– for your immune system

TRYPTOPHAN
– for sleep and youthful skin

METHIONINE
– for cleansing the liver and kidneys

LYSINE
– for herpes and simple viral infections

TYROSINE
– for alertness and better memory

GLUTATHIONE
– helps slow cellular damage

GLUTAMINE
– provides the brain with fuel

GLUTAMIC ACID
– for brain health

TAURINE
– the brain amino acid

PHENYLALANINE
– for tissue maintenance and normal growth

ORNITHINE
– for growth hormone release

HISTIDINE
– for hearing and nerve cells

CYSTINE
– for good skin tone and premature aging

ARGININE
– involved in burning fat and muscle building

ASPARTIC ACID
– for the heart and blood vessels

ALANINE
– for the function of the skins adrenal glands

THYROXINE
– regulates metabolism

SERINE
– tissue cleansing

THREONINE
– assists metabolism and assimulation

PROLINE
– emulsifying

ISOLEUCINE

– for the regulation of metabolism​

"Amino acids just don't make contributions individually, they only always function as part of protein metabolism, and this is very complex. They don't work like vitamins."

8 Essential Amino Acids
ESSENTIAL AMINO ACIDS
CystineIsoleucineLeucineLysineMethioninePhenylalanineThreonineTryptophanTyrosineValineHistidine*

Last edited:

PureSilver

I'm not sure i understand what you're saying. I take an amino acid supplement and the contents include all of the above ones you mentioned in small mg portions.
Does anyone know if amino acids can accelerate hair growth. What does it really do for the hair.

I'm so lazy to research it all.

cocoberry10

I'm not sure i understand what you're saying. I take an amino acid supplement and the contents include all of the above ones you mentioned in small mg portions.
Does anyone know if amino acids can accelerate hair growth. What does it really do for the hair.

I'm so lazy to research it all.

I wanted to post this for information and to see which ones people take.

What's the name of the supplement you take?

mspm

:yep: Yes, because amino acids are the 'building blocks' your body needs to make hair. Liquid aminos, however, get assimilated into the body at lot faster than the pills.

PureSilver

I wanted to post this for information and to see which ones people take.

What's the name of the supplement you take?

On the bottle it says natural amino acids, i did google it tho(in all my laziness) and did some reading. The one i take has in all the essential AA you mentioned in small portions like GLUMATIC ACID 12.3MG, ASPARTIC ACID 706MG, PHENYLALANINE 2.3MG CYSTEINE 2.1MG AND SO FORTH. since amino acids is all this protein i will definately watch to see if my hair is getting any stronger. I should be seeing changes in 2mths, i thinking that's a realistic time frame since my hair is so fine i would have at least seen a difference by then.

cocoberry10

:yep: Yes, because amino acids are the 'building blocks' your body needs to make hair. Liquid aminos, however, get assimilated into the body at lot faster than the pills.
On the bottle it says natural amino acids, i did google it tho(in all my laziness) and did some reading. The one i take has in all the essential AA you mentioned in small portions like GLUMATIC ACID 12.3MG, ASPARTIC ACID 706MG, PHENYLALANINE 2.3MG CYSTEINE 2.1MG AND SO FORTH. since amino acids is all this protein i will definately watch to see if my hair is getting any stronger. I should be seeing changes in 2mths, i thinking that's a realistic time frame since my hair is so fine i would have at least seen a difference by then.

What brand do you ladies use/take? Thanks:yep:

growth2come

Ladies what kind of liquid amino acids are you taking cause all I seem to find in the UK are kinds like the one in the link below. I want to try the liquid form but this looks like for body builders:perplexed....I am not looking to build my body if anything I am trying to lose some...:ohwell:. Am I safe in buying something like this? TIA

http://www.metrxsupplements.co.uk/liquid_amino_acids.htm

cocoberry10

Ladies what kind of liquid amino acids are you taking cause all I seem to find in the UK are kinds like the one in the link below. I want to try the liquid form but this looks like for body builders:perplexed....I am not looking to build my body if anything I am trying to lose some...:ohwell:. Am I safe in buying something like this? TIA

http://www.metrxsupplements.co.uk/liquid_amino_acids.htm

Thanks for the link. I live in the states. I am hoping they will come back and answer!

january noir

Sunny On a Cloudy Day
I use Bragg's Liquid Aminos All Purpose Seasoning for my food.

Which Amino Acids does Bragg Liquid Aminos contain?
The following essential Amino Acids:
Arginine * Aspartic * Lysine * Glutamic * Serine * Threonine * Alanine * Glycine * Proline * Isoleucine * Methionine * Valine * Phenylalanine * Tyrosine * Leucine.
Bragg Liquid Aminos contains NO artificial color, flavor or preservatives.

What is the Nutritional content of Bragg Liquid Aminos?
The Average Nutritional Breakdown per 1/2 Teaspoon is:
- Protein / Soy (Amino Acids) 290 mg
- Carbohydrate 100 mg
- Natural Sodium 140 mg
- Calories 0

cocoberry10

Thanks, I'll check this out. I've heard that L-Cysteine and Methionine are especially essential for healthy hair texture, length and growth!

I use Bragg's Liquid Aminos All Purpose Seasoning for my food.

Which Amino Acids does Bragg Liquid Aminos contain?
The following essential Amino Acids:
Arginine * Aspartic * Lysine * Glutamic * Serine * Threonine * Alanine * Glycine * Proline * Isoleucine * Methionine * Valine * Phenylalanine * Tyrosine * Leucine.
Bragg Liquid Aminos contains NO artificial color, flavor or preservatives.

What is the Nutritional content of Bragg Liquid Aminos?
The Average Nutritional Breakdown per 1/2 Teaspoon is:
- Protein / Soy (Amino Acids) 290 mg
- Carbohydrate 100 mg
- Natural Sodium 140 mg
- Calories 0

cocoberry10

I bought this brand

ekomba

I bought this brand

Hey Cocoberry10 i use it too! its excellent i take 3 tablespoons of it and also one protein shake a day Designer whey protein shake french vanilla which contains all amino in greater doses and 18g of protein for 1 scoop

PrettyBlackHair

I just learned about this in my Nutrition class and Im pretty sure that taking amino acids doesnt really do much for the body, nonetheless the hair. Your body needs to break down complex proteins into amino acids to use them. Taking amino acids in their simplified form doesnt benefit the body. :ohwell: