SAA - Some more Useful Information

Nice & Wavy

Silk amino acids add a velvety touch to cosmetics and also helps to prevent dehydration of the skin.

Silk amino acids give the skin a very soft and velvety feel when used in a cosmetic product, and have some excellent water-binding properties. Silk amino acids (silk proteins) also have a certain amount of antioxidant action.
Silk amino acids are used in the following of our products
On this page
  • Benefits of using silk amino acids in skin care products
  • Classification of silk amino acids as a cosmetic ingredient
Benefits of using silk amino acids in skin care products

Because of the low molecular weight of the molecules, they penetrate the surface layers of the skin and are a naturally hydroscopic material, which has excellent moisture binding qualities to condition the skin.
Silk amino acids (also called silk proteins and sericin) are obtained by the hydrolysis of silk - a natural protein fiber. The soft lustrous thread obtained from the silk cocoon woven by the silkworm is so converted and used in cosmetic preparations.
Silk amino acids (silk proteins) are used to help prevent dehydration of the skin.
Our silk amino acids are carefully manufactured under strict control, by hydrolysis of pure natural silk, without harming the silk worms nor the moths.
Adding silk amino acids to a skin care product imparts certain qualities to the product - both enhance the working of the product and the way in which the product feels.
Silk amino acids are classed as non-irritating to the skin and eyes and are non-toxic.
When our silk amino acids are analyzed they typically contain the following amino acids:
  • Alanine
  • Arginine
  • Aspartic acid
  • Cystine
  • Glutamic acid
  • Glycine
  • Histidine
  • Isoleucine
  • Leucine
  • Lysine
  • Methionine
  • Phenylalanine
  • Proline
  • Serine
  • Threonine
  • Tyrosine
  • Valine
Amino acids are naturally substantive compounds which are readily absorbed onto negatively charged substrates - such as the skin.
Classification of silk amino acids as a cosmetic ingredient

It is the mixture of amino acids resulting from the complete hydrolysis of silk and is classified as an amino acid. It is used as a miscellaneous skin-conditioning agent.

Moroni

Thanks for the information..... really appreciate it. Now, how in the world do you get rid of the *funky smell* LOL! Maybe I've put too much in my moisturizer, but I declare! Eeeeewwww!

Nice & Wavy

Thanks for the information..... really appreciate it. Now, how in the world do you get rid of the *funky smell* LOL! Maybe I've put too much in my moisturizer, but I declare! Eeeeewwww!

Girl....I dunno....but I'm sure it can't be as bad as MTG....:lachen:

Maybe it will go away after awhile. Does it have a fishy smell or something?

JustKiya

:woot: I can't WAIT to get mine, no siree bob!!

I need to scoop up some clear mascara too, while I'm at it.

Isn't the lotioncrafters version 'de-odorized'?? Does it STILL stank? :lol: I think it's about how much you use - the less you use, the less funkay it is.... I hope.

Last edited:

Nice & Wavy

:woot I can't WAIT to get mine, no siree bob!!

I need to scoop up some clear mascara too, while I'm at it.

Isn't the lotioncrafters version 'de-odorized'?? Does it STILL stank? :lol: I think it's about how much you use - the less you use, the less funkay it is.... I hope.

You are right...it does say that when describing it on the website. I wonder if the disposible mascara wands should be used...that way bacteria doesn't get a chance to get in and mess up e'rthang and give a funky smell.:grin:

JustKiya

You are right...it does say that when describing it on the website. I wonder if the disposible mascara wands should be used...that way bacteria doesn't get a chance to get in and mess up e'rthang and give a funky smell.:grin:

Hrrm, that's a thought. I planned on just mixing some in with the clear mascara, rather than using it on it's own.... hrrrmmmm.......

VioletWylde

I ordered from lotioncrafters, and I don't smell anything when I add it to my products. I think I'll put some in my moisturizer and see what it does for my skin...

Nice & Wavy

I ordered from lotioncrafters, and I don't smell anything when I add it to my products. I think I'll put some in my moisturizer and see what it does for my skin...

Thank you so much for the info. It sounds like its going to be really nice for the skin...I'm waiting for mine....:yep:

It~Can~Grow

I just ordered some...

Just a thought...LHCF is almost like a business in the way we purchase products in bulk (even if it's one order / one person :grin:) hopefully they'll see the refererral numbers and up our discount to 10%.

I'm sure we're moving some $$ through there today:lachen:

Nice & Wavy

I just ordered some...

Just a thought...LHCF is almost like a business in the way we purchase products in bulk (even if it's one order / one person :grin:) hopefully they'll see the refererral numbers and up our discount to 10%.

I'm sure we're moving some $$ through there today:lachen:

I agree.....:yep:

growth2come

I have been waiting till I had some money to order this...I ordered this yesterday and cannot wait to try it on my lashes too after reading about Sareca's results.:grin: