3 Strand Twists...Have You Tried It?

berry87

I have to give this a try when I do my Kinky Twist again! Thanks:grin:

Bumping for folks who have done it!:grin:

~~HoneyComb~~

I never knew you could do a 3 strand twist without it looking like a braid...very informative and the 3 strand twist, in my opinion, looks better, I'll have to practice.

Mook's hair

Yes, I found this same youtube video last week and I was in Awe.
I am in love with the 3 strand twist. It looks very similar to a two strand twist but the biggest difference is that it doesn't loosen/unravel as easily.

Which is great if you are twisting relaxed or transitioning hair.
It is done very similar to a braid except you always turn the hair in the same direction instead of going over and under. I only had to watch her video twice and I had it figured out. It is very easy to do.

I love it.

JustKiya

Oooh, that's a great series of blogs - hrrm, I don't think I'll be doing them, though - my hands get tired enough combing & 2ST my hair - the 3ST seems like a bit much - though they DID look good.

sepiaamor

WUB WUB WUB THEM:spinning:

They do take a bit more time to do than the 2 strand twist but my 4b-aint-taking-no-shorts kinky hair loves them. They stay in longer than the 2 strands which always unravel in the very back as i'm working towards the front and I like the twists look of them.

I even like the twistout from them, I undid a few to see and unbelievably they are easier to untwist than two strands to hair. My hair doesn't tangle as much with them in.