3 year natural/hair growing anniversary (PICS INSIDE)

Miss AJ

So yesterday was the anniversary of my big chop and I let my best friend flat iron and lightly trim my hair. I'm not where I wanna be yet (APL) but I'm almost there and I've made good progress for 3 years starting from 2 inches. The first few months I was doing nightly scalp massages with sulfur oil (starting that up again soon) but the main things I did for growth and retention were protective styling, light trims every other month, deep conditioning 1-2 times a week, and moisturizing and sealing.

Attachments

• image-1225974075.jpg
    image-1225974075.jpg
    168.2 KB · Views: 370
  • image-2855070383.jpg
    image-2855070383.jpg
    412.7 KB · Views: 427
  • image-1609314117.jpg
    image-1609314117.jpg
    32.2 KB · Views: 404
  • image-833942191.jpg
    image-833942191.jpg
    435.9 KB · Views: 423

Miss AJ

I have a few in my profile album but I'd have to gather up the rest from over the years. I don't document nearly as much as I did when I first started taking good care of my hair.

Miss AJ

It looks APL to me too and then it doesn't... but I hate to be THAT female that reaches to claim a length. The back definitely looks like it's grazing APL and even my ponytail is a nice length. I need more opinions before I reach my verdict lol.

Miss AJ

Thank you thank you! My individual strands are fine but there are so freakin many of them, it's still thick all over lol.

Miss AJ

^^Thanks! For a SPLIT second I was like what in the world is KUTGW, then it hit me and I felt slow lol.

SimJam

you definitely look APL to me.... well unless u have some rlly low arm pits lol

lovely progress!

yaya24

♥Naija°Texan • Realtor • SPX Options #RichAunty●♡•
Great progress!!
I love your ends.

Last edited:

Miss AJ

:) Thanks everyone! Yea my ends HAD to be trimmed, I hadn't trimmed since April and I was due in June lol. One of the many perks of having a cosmetologist as a best friend :)