3c/4a Naturals What's Your Favorite ???

Blacktresses

3c/4a Naturals What\'s Your Favorite ???

Gel????

I currently use Fruit Of The Earth Aloe Vera Gel. I /images/graemlins/love.gif /images/graemlins/love.gif it. I tried the vitamin E FOTE but it seems more drying. I even added olive oil to it and it is still drying. Are there other gels for natuals of this hair type the you are happy with /images/graemlins/confused.gif

gogo

Re: 3c/4a Naturals What\'s Your Favorite ???

I too love FOTE AV gel. I'm natural but my hair isn't usually dry. I use leave-in's (Nexxuss Headress or NTM silk touch)and jojoba or coconyt oil throughout the day if my hair gets thirsty or begins to "creep" out of my bun. Except for FOTE it seems every gel I've tried always leaves my hair either dry and/or stiff, and maybe the reason I've always had thinning temples.The FOTE doesn't have the holding power I'd like but I'm getting used to a softer, looser style rather than needing to have that slicked-back, "brow-lifting", super tight hold with every single hair lacquered into place.

deedabug

the fructis gum putty and s-curl texturizer gel (im not texturized...juss got the gel) both hold but r not superhold and i dont get dryness...i use other moisturizing products with both but im sure alone they wouldnt be drying

miss_brown

Try mixing the FOTE with a thick butter (i.e. avocado or even Elasta QP mango butter). This gives a really nice hold plus lots of moisture. If all else fails, use Let's Jam - I swear by this stuff /images/graemlins/grin.gif

DelightfulFlame

I am in love with Eco Styler gel. I get it from Sally's. It's in a large yellow container and costs me less than $3. It gives a nice hold, but isn't drying.

I also like smooth and shine's gellation.

I no longer use FOTE b/c it is drying.

Divastate

Proclaim Curl & Wave Conditioning Activator Gel from Sally's. It has aloe vera in it but doesn't dry my hair out like aloe vera does. Its the only thing that's resulted in my hair having coils and moisture even when dry.

Skydancer

I tried out the African Formula Gel. And it is /images/graemlins/love.gif!. Not much of a gel user, but I think I may use this when I put my bun up every day. Left my hair so soft, and more importantly, it did not dry it out at all:D I found another site that carries other African Formula products. The ingredients in some of them are /images/graemlins/laugh.gif. But they are so pricey:/
http://www.good-earth.com/body-care---beauty-hair-care.html