The BOMB hair gel!!

B

Bublnbrnsuga

Yes, FOTE aloe vera gel is quite lovely,but not as lovely as this one. A lot of ladies on nappturality were raving about this gel, but I was still holding on to my FOTE. Well I tried a no oil routine with this gel and my hair has turned out quite lovely:yep: It has a very thin, silky consistency unlike many gels which are very gooey.

Here are the ingredients:
Water Aqua , Glycerin , Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Extract , Hydrolyzed Wheat Protein , Hyaluronic Acid , Panthenol , Oleth-20 , Carbomer , Triethanolamine , Benzophenone-4 , Disodium EDTA , DMDM Hydantoin , Fragrance Parfum , Ext. Violet 2 CI 60730

moda

Dang you Bubln, you know I have to go out and try every darn thing you rave about, stop it :lol:

B

Bublnbrnsuga

cincybrownsugar said:
Dang you Bubln, you know I have to go out and try every darn thing you rave about, stop it :lol:

Ooooo, girl, you think your shake and go's are lovely now, girllll, this gel right hurr will make your hair look lovelier....gurrlll it's the bomb!! No other gel quite like it!!

:look:

:lachen:

moda

Stop it :lol: I was actually just thinking I need a new hair gel, so this is right on time, I have 2 different ones but I always have to add some wax or sheen to get the finish I want. Good looking out, I figure if you rave about it, it has to work for me, since we are hair twins and all :D

Enchantmt

Progress...not perfection
How does this compare to world of curls? I bought world of curls but havent really used it because its so sticky. I need something cheap to hold me over until my honeybush tea gel gets here.

moda

Bublnbrnsuga said:
Yes, FOTE aloe vera gel is quite lovely,but not as lovely as this one. A lot of ladies on nappturality were raving about this gel, but I was still holding on to my FOTE. Well I tried a no oil routine with this gel and my hair has turned out quite lovely:yep: It has a very thin, silky consistency unlike many gels which are very gooey.

Here are the ingredients:
Water Aqua , Glycerin , Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Extract , Hydrolyzed Wheat Protein , Hyaluronic Acid , Panthenol , Oleth-20 , Carbomer , Triethanolamine , Benzophenone-4 , Disodium EDTA , DMDM Hydantoin , Fragrance Parfum , Ext. Violet 2 CI 60730

Co-signing, I could not wait to get some after work on Friday. The consistency is great! I have to try it on my wash n go.

Thanks Bubln :grin:

B

Bublnbrnsuga

Anytime Cincy:up:, oh but I must warn you...I tried to do the Curve technique in the shower with this gel and Salon Selectives Loosely Defined. I don't know what happened, but I ended up with these moist flakes in my hair after the technique. It could have been due to the combination of the gel and the SSLD; however, I don't know. I don't think I will use this combo again though.

Last edited by a moderator:

Belladonna

cincybrownsugar said:
Co-signing, I could not wait to get some after work on Friday. The consistency is great! I have to try it on my wash n go.

Thanks Bubln :grin:
Cincybrown & Bublln
Knock it off ! I have no room in the cabinet!
Oh well .....the life of a naural born product junkie !!!

moda

Belladonna said:
Cincybrown & Bublln
Knock it off ! I have no room in the cabinet!
Oh well .....the life of a naural born product junkie !!!

Bella, you got room girl :lol:

Enchantmt

Progress...not perfection
I saw this while I was out and picked up a couple of jars. It dries quickly and isnt sticky when applied to wet hair. Thanks for the recommendation!! :)

moda

Not sure how much you paid for it but I saw the gel at Walgreens 2 for $2.99. Why am I going back to stock up :look:

B

Bublnbrnsuga

I purchase mine from Walgreens and I paid 2.99 for one jar. Maybe I need to fall up in there on mo gin.

curlilocs

This gel really is the bomb!!!!

I tried it with a little Organics Olive Oil Moisturizer and my wash and go one of the best ever! Got compliments all day!!! Go get some! Great investment!

B

Bublnbrnsuga

curlilocs said:
This gel really is the bomb!!!!

I tried it with a little Organics Olive Oil Moisturizer and my wash and go one of the best ever! Got compliments all day!!! Go get some! Great investment!

It didn't leave any little filmy dots in your head?

curlilocs

Bublnbrnsuga said:
It didn't leave any little filmy dots in your head?

No it didn't. I was a little apprehensive at first, I get nervous about gel because of its typical sticky gooey consitency, but this worked quite nicely.

Now my hair is still mostly relaxed, but I doubt that has anything to do with it. Exactly what do you mean by "filmy dots"?

ccd

Now SEEE!!!!!! YOu aint right!!!!...PJ in the house :grin:

So what does it do for you...is it curl definition? hold? shine?

ok as you can see I am tempted!!! and 2 for 2.99.....

ok question ( another one :lol: ) do you think this will perform on relaxed hair? hope its not a silly question to ya :)

Glad its workin for you......and... sorry off topic

BELLADONNA...your hair looks AWESOME!!! the color is gorgeous on you and I love your curls!!!

Belladonna

ccd said:
Now SEEE!!!!!! YOu aint right!!!!...PJ in the house :grin:

ok as you can see I am tempted!!! and 2 for 2.99.....

ok question ( another one :lol: ) do you think this will perform on relaxed hair? hope its not a silly question to ya :)

Glad its workin for you......and... sorry off topic

BELLADONNA...your hair looks AWESOME!!! the color is gorgeous on you and I love your curls!!!
Thanks CCD !
Is there really anything wrong with being a Junkie ?? I have been trying to shake that monkey off my back for years. Luckily for me there is a whole group of women who share my affliction.....and we're off to the BSS.

moda

ccd said:

It works great for my curl definition, hold, and shine. I do not see why it would not work on relaxed hair.

I am doing my nieces hair, and I am very stingy with my stuff, so I bought some knock off gel with pretty much the same ingredients from family dollar to use for her. This products works just as well as the Citre Shine (IMO), so if you have one in your area, maybe you can try this one for $1 to see how it works for you, because the sale at Walgreens ended Saturday. I cannot think of the name of it, but I can add a pic of it when I get home if you'd like me to.

Peachtree

Ok, I gotta look for this gel. I've used their other products with great results. Hoping for the same with this gel :bouncy:

B

Bublnbrnsuga

sspc said:
what hair type does this work on? I'm a 4b natural..will it hold?

It will work on any hair type, it doesn't discrimate:yep: