3ISH HAIR TYPES....Who use No/Or LOW heat ....What r ur regimens

tmrskltn

I am a 3 something hair type w natural hair. I have not straightened my hair since i have been natural....and honestly don't have a desire . I am trying to find products that r not to heavy for my hair...so maybe my fellow culry haired ladies can help me

What is your regimen?
What products r ur staples?

Is your hair fine or coarse?
What styles do you normally like to wear?
What specific product types are you looking for? DC, heat protectant, moisturizer, cowash conditioner, etc.?
What are ingredients that don't generally work for you? What ingredients cause too much "heavyness"?
What's your regimen?

My staple styles are rollersetting, buns, wash n gos, & braids.

Product staples include:
Cantu shea butter leave-in
Lacio Lacio (for rollersets)
Joico shampoos and conditioners
Long Aid Curl activator gel
Fantasia IC & ecostyler gels
Cheap conditioners (Tresemme, VO5, Lustrasilk cholesterol)
Kemi & EVCO

However, I think it's important to assess the questions asked by MSA because what works for one may not work for another. Also, depending on what your hair characteristics are (i.e. fine, medium coarse, dense), certain regimens may not work for you

I have fine/medium hair with high density

i have medium hair strands, don't have a set regi, still trying to find one, i wear wng's n two strnd twist, for the most part, and i noticed that my hair does not like silicones, or castor oil....just wanted to get some suggestions relly thnx

i have medium hair strands, don't have a set regi, still trying to find one, i wear wng's n two strnd twist, for the most part, and i noticed that my hair does not like silicones, or castor oil....just wanted to get some suggestions relly thnx

The reason I asked those questions was so that you can get informed suggestions, not just random stuff. Someone with similar hair texture may suggest to you things that work for them, but may not work for you because of the difference in your hair characteristics. There's no point in you wasting your money and your time on unnecessary stuff you know?

Anyway, I know you specifically asked for things that won't make your hair heavy. Are there products/ingredients you used before that do make your hair heavy and therefore would be something you'd like to avoid? That way people will know what not to suggest to you.

Also since you don't have a regimen I suggest you read the "regimen building for newbies" article by Sistaslick (a member here). It may really help you, along with other articles she has. You may also want to check out the Newbie Manual because some of the threads in there may help you. It is necessary to have a basic understanding of hair care in order to build a successful regimen.

Also, what products do you need? Or do you need everything? I would start simple if you need everything. One shampoo, deep conditioner, and moisturizer and then go from there and see if you need the extras like an oil for sealing or cheapie cowash conditioner.

Hope this helps!

My regime changes maybe 2-3 times a year when the old one will mysteriously stop working :confused:

Currently it's:

- co-wash daily with cheap no-cone conditioner
- apply Nexxus Headdress leave in
- apply aloe vera gel

OR just wet hair and detangle with fingers/wide tooth comb

Shampoo once a week (after swimming) with anti-chlorine shampoo then condition with a rich conditioner like Nexxus Humectress.

henna once a month

I don't use heat at all and maybe straigten my hair twice a year for a change and regret it (it takes about 3 hours)

Last edited:
The reason I asked those questions was so that you can get informed suggestions, not just random stuff. Someone with similar hair texture may suggest to you things that work for them, but may not work for you because of the difference in your hair characteristics. There's no point in you wasting your money and your time on unnecessary stuff you know?

Anyway, I know you specifically asked for things that won't make your hair heavy. Are there products/ingredients you used before that do make your hair heavy and therefore would be something you'd like to avoid? That way people will know what not to suggest to you.

Also since you don't have a regimen I suggest you read the "regimen building for newbies" article by Sistaslick (a member here). It may really help you, along with other articles she has. You may also want to check out the Newbie Manual because some of the threads in there may help you. It is necessary to have a basic understanding of hair care in order to build a successful regimen.

Also, what products do you need? Or do you need everything? I would start simple if you need everything. One shampoo, deep conditioner, and moisturizer and then go from there and see if you need the extras like an oil for sealing or cheapie cowash conditioner.

Hope this helps!

this is great advice.

signaturebun-th.jpg
hairupdate-th.jpg

My hair is fine/wavy. My bun is done with one twist of the hair, too fine to section into parts. This is the main reason I don't like my hair down, it is too stringy straight, even a pony tail looks weak to me, as above, that is a wet pony. (I have always wanted thicker hair :ohwell:) Mainly I wear my signature bun as shown above. I airdry always, no heat, not even a rollerset, although I have one coming up for a friends wedding, my gift to her. (not sure if I am really going to do it :blush:)

At any rate, to attempt to answer you. I co-wash on wednesday with a cheapie conditioner, humectant-Suave. (sometimes I add an ayurvedic powder, I always make such a mess!) I use Aphogee Moisturizing Shampoo and Aphogee 2min Reconstructor for wash day which is Saturday, I just started using Aphogee, so far, I love the softness it gives. I use Lustrasilk Shea Butter, Mango chloresterol treatment too, I switch between the Aloe one, it is great for detangling.

Lately for moisturizing I have been using NTM silk leave in, NTM shine serum on my ends, and NTM conditioning mask.

My staples are Hairveda products, they do really well for me.
Vatika Frosting, Hydra Moisturizing Spritz, Whipped Cream-ends hydration, whipped gelly, CoCasta Shikakai oil, Almond glaze, and Sitrinillah Conditioning Mask.

At times I use aloe vera gel directly on my scalp, and I seal with QP Mango Butter, I love that stuff.

I joined the perosity challenge, I will be doing ACV rinses as my final step on wash days. I am also in the baggy challenge- I baggy nightly and am using up the NTM products. I am not sure I am going to continue to invest in NTM, I have tons of hairveda to use up, and I do really love those products.

I am a Flexitarian and have a high protein diet. I also take Chlorella/Spirulina along with other Greens, to enhance my diet. I drink tons of water and daily protein drinks. Diet is very important to hair care.

I hope I have helped. I think my regimin is quite simple, at least I try to keep it that way.

Back