Great All Natural products...that you can't live w/o!!!

tmrskltn

Ladies!!! Please help i have noticed that my hair responds to natural products(no sls, silicones, parabens ...etc):yep: i was wondering if those of you who use natural products, could tell me a few staples that you can't live w/o:

~ What the products are?
~ what ur hair type is ?

Thanx ladies:grin:

darlingdiva

I am a fine-haired natural 4a/b.

The all-natural products that I can't live without are:

1. Castor Oil
2. Karen's Body Beautiful Deep Conditioner
3. Karen's Body Beautiful Hair Oil
4. Honey (in the summer)
5. Ayurvedic Oils
6. Aubrey Organics Glycogen Protein Balancing Conditioner
7. Coconut Oil (in the summer)

msa

I love natural products and have been using them since I started taking care of my hair last year. My hair is kinky coily and I would say I'm a 4ab mix.

Water: Don't underestimate the power of water. First make sure you don't have hard water. After that, use it to your heart's content. I rinse almost everyday with plain water and it keeps my hair moisturized. I love it. I don't need any of the typical "moisturizers" becuse water does the job.

Coconut oil: Amazing for detangling on wet hair. One of the few oils that can actually penetrate the hair's cortex and provides nourishment to the strand. It also helps slow protein loss from the hair and decreases the damage caused by combing while wet. I use it for detangling, twisting my hair up, and as an overnight conditioner.

Great info about coconut oil, along with other stuff, at this blog.

Castor oil: Thick oil, great for protecting the hair and "sealing". I use this on my wash and go puff/fro and it keeps my hair moist all day. I've found that using castor oil on wet hair stops the water from evaporating too quickly. It also makes my hair shine.

Baking soda: A little bit mixed with water is great for clarifying and cleaning the scalp and hair. Just make sure to dilute and don't over do it. I only do it once a month, if necessary. I've also used a bit of baking soda mixed with conditioner to cowash, which leaves my hair clean and moisturized at the same time.

Oyin Honey Hemp Conditioner
(oyinhandmade.com): I love this conditioner. It's my favorite and I'm about to add it back to my regimen. I only stopped using it because I was doing a whole 100% natural/edible thing for a while. Anyway, Oyin is great and it's almost 100% natural. Perfect amount of moisture for me and it can be used as a rinse out conditioner, a leave-in, and a DC. It also helps detangle really well. And it smells yummy!

Giovanni Smooth as Silk Conditioner
(can be found at Whole Foods): My second favorite conditioner. It does have some ingredients I don't like but it has no sulfates, parabens, silicones, or anything like that. In the past I used it as a DC and it's great for that. I love the way it conditions my hair. I'm probably going to start back using it soon.

Here's another thread about natural products that may help you:
Natural/Organic Users Post Your Staples and Reviews

Eisani

3c/4a transitioner. Can't live without:

JBCO
EVCO
Honey
Raw avocado
All natural black soap-hair and body
ACV
Henna
WATER
Shea butter
Coocnut milk

I have others, but these are the basics.

msa

How could I forget coconut milk? I love that as well. Great for conditioning and it's cheap.

aprils13

I have no idea of what my hair type is.

Tea tree oil - I add a few drops to my dilluted shampoo

Castor oil and shea butter - I use this concoction to twist my hair

ACV - final rinse after dc

loolalooh

Shea butter - thick & very moisturizing; great for twisting & twistouts; my "gel"
Coconut oil - minimize protein loss; minimize damage from combing; (same reasons as msa mentioned)
Safflower oil - humectant; light; moisturizing; similar to our sebum; cheaper than jojoba oil; a little goes a long way; loaded with antioxidant (Vitamin E)
Water - cleansing; moisture source
Cholesterol - I'm going back to this after an attempt to live without it; great for hang & slip - great for detangling sessions
Curl Junkie Hibiscus & Banana - leaves my hair super soft; best all-natural deep conditioner I've tried

chebaby

coconut oil
oyin honey hemp conditioner
oyin whipped pudding
oyin juices
kbb hair milk
kbb deep conditioner
jane carter deep conditioner
coconut milk
honey
evoo(only in mixes)

Soliel185

Aloe vera/glycerine/water spritz
Castor Oil
Coconut & Olive Oil mixed together
Baking Soda
Coconut Cream/Milk

ET: 4 a/b type - transitioning - 15.5 months post

Last edited:

testimony777

1) Coconut oil (I use this as my leave in after each wash)
2) Aubrey Organics: GPB Conditioner, GPB Shampoo and Honeysuckle Rose Conditioner
3) Cassia (neutral henna)
4) Homemade glycerin and water mix (I use this as my daily moisturizer and to revive my curls)
5) Honey, rosemary essential oil, peppermint essential oil (I use these in my cassia mix)
6) Egg (I mix one egg with coconut oil and conditioner twice a month as a protein deep treatment)