"4a/b ladies that use Vitale lye Relaxers"................

~*~ShopAholic~*~

Hello 4a/b ladies, (and hello to those of you that may have some info to share that are not 4a/b), that have used or currently use Vitale lye relaxers, which strength do you use and what are your results? Because I love me some straight hair, I wish not to receive underprocessed results. Now it has been said that lye relaxers leave the hair underprocessed looking. Is this true w/the Vitale relaxer?

SouthernGirl

I've been using Vitale for several years and would never use anything else. It gets my hair straight enough (with no under-processed areas other than my nape and that is by design) that I don't even have to use heat. I generally air-dry my hair, and it comes out straight.

I have info in my album (see profile for details), but this is the best relaxer I've used (and I have used others in the past). Even though it processes well, I don't get any burns or anything. You might also use the search engine on the forum, as there have been some really good threads about the product and great input from others.

HTH,

SG

DiamondStar

I used the Vitale Life and Body for the first time a few weeks ago. Very gentle, no burns or anything. And this is coming from a person who has always burned within the first five minutes of a relaxer touch-up.

Since I self-relaxed for the first time in two years, I did have some underprocessed areas. But I blame this on me not applying enough of the relaxer to some areas and not leaving it on long enough. The sections that are not underprocessed are extremely straight and soft. I have no complaints, and will be using the other half in about 9 more weeks.

~*~ShopAholic~*~

Thanks SouthernGirl and Diamond star. :) SouthernGirl your album inspire many pple and that's how I found out about Vitale, never new it existed and I just love your hair, ;) , I'll be relaxing in about a week and a half and tryin' to figure out if I will try the African pride organics relaxer or return it and go for the Vitale lye, just looking for a new relaxer to make as my staple and don't want to find myself jumping relaxer,lol.

Bumping for more replies, I know their are more vitale uses out their somewere!

simone103

I usually use the Vitale Mo'body relaxer, but decided to try the life and body in regular because of the good reviews I read about on this forum. The life and body is by far the best relaxer that I've used, and it's true, it doesn't burn your scalp and it does get your hair straight. Honestly, I don't think it was really necessary to manipulate my newgrowth to get it straight -it seemed to straighten on contact.

SouthernGirl

BeautifulWideEyes said:
Thanks SouthernGirl and Diamond star. :) SouthernGirl your album inspire many pple and that's how I found out about Vitale, never new it existed and I just love your hair, ;) , I'll be relaxing in about a week and a half and tryin' to figure out if I will try the African pride organics relaxer or return it and go for the Vitale lye, just looking for a new relaxer to make as my staple and don't want to find myself jumping relaxer,lol.

Bumping for more replies, I know their are more vitale uses out their somewere!

Thanks Beautiful!!

I'm quite biased towards Vitale, but I definitely think you should give it a try. Don't quote me on this, but of those who have tried it (at least the formula I have in my album), I've not heard of any negative experiences with it.

I'm sure you'll make the right decision after hearing comments from others. Good luck, and let us know how it goes!!

SG

hopeful

BWE, I really liked using Vitale but I am hesitant to push it because this was just my first time using it and I have had many a relaxer turn on me lol. That said, Vitale Life & Body seems to be very gentle and good at straightening too. Like SouthernGirl I intentionally underprocessed the nape area because it is very sensitive and prone to breakage. Hopefully after a few touch ups with no breakage and healthy growing hair I will be able to sing this relaxer's praises with confidence. Btw, Vitale's Super Reconstructor Conditioner is the bomb! Unfortunately, no ingredients on the jar but I don't care, it was a great deep following the relaxer.

vickiepickles

All About Me!
I found a BS in my area that carries this and bought 2 jars along with the conditioners and shampoo. The owner said that they don't get a lot of poeple buying it, but I said hey, more for me. I don't live in a large metro area anyway, but I plan to use this in about 3-4 weeks.

devin

yeah i just bought a jar today, and will be using it on Friday after stretching for 12 wks(my longest ever without braids). I hope it turns out nice. I really wanted to use Affirm, but the BS rep said that they don't really sell it here in Houston anymore, so I decided to give this a try.

Southernbella.

I'm a Vitale user! I have to say, I really like it. I used the Life and Body last time (was my first time doing a lye relaxer at home), and it was very gentle. I went strictly by the book WRT timing, since it was my first time, so my hair didn't get bone straight (my hair is very thick and coarse), but it still turned out great. Next time, I'll probably leave it on for 2-3 minutes longer than the recommended time.

I loved the whole system, especially the neutralizing conditioner. I will continue to use it. I learned about it from Southerngirl's album like many others, and I was so impressed with her hair that I had to try it.

sassyhair

I bought and used the vitale concorde relaxer a week ago. I self-relaxed for the first time ever. I had no idea what I was doing, it burned a lil. But my hair came out wonderful, bone straight because I got super and haven't had a relaxer in 3 going on 4 months. The hair that was permed is super super shiny something I haven't seen before with my hair without using an oil. I used my motions neutralizer and my optimum multi-mineral low PH conditioner and moisturizer that is used for the optimum low ph relaxer. I decided to use those because I had alot left and didnt see the need to buy the vitale one yet.

Lorraine S

Hey Ladies,

This relaxer sounds great, About how much does it cost? I definitely wanna give it a try, especially after seeing southergirlz album.

Lorraine

devin

i bought mine for 5.99

Lorraine S said:
Hey Ladies,

This relaxer sounds great, About how much does it cost? I definitely wanna give it a try, especially after seeing southergirlz album.

Lorraine