4a/b Naturals: Hair Cut in a Style?

itismehmmkay

Do any of you 4a/b naturals have your hair cut into a style?

I'm thinking about transitioning (again), but I don't want to be confined to twists and knots. I ideally want to be able to wear a tapered style (shorter nape; longer in the crown) w/ that texture. I just need to know if it would be a cute reality.

ETA: What I have in mind is a cut like the lady who won the 50K wardobe on "What Not to Wear". Nick gave her an awesome cut. I'll see if I can find it.

Last edited:
Didn't catch that episode but I'd love to see the pic. I'm transitioning and my ends are trimmed but I don't have a cut so I'd be interested in responses too.

Mine is cut in layers, and shaped to fall a certain way. Miss Jessie's refers to it as an angle/balance cut.

I've definitely seem some natural rock a cute cute...so1913, VMerie, among others...I think that this idea should be cute as long as there aren't to many layers, b/c the 4a/4b's curl patter is so tight that it might be hard to distinguish the layers (and instead end up looking like different legenth strands.

I don't have a cut mainly because I'm scared to death of letting a stylist come within five feet of me with scissors, but also because no matter what my hair will never "fall". It's always going to fly off in all directions like a thick coily smoke cloud. Might as well just leave it in peace in my mind. LOL!

sunnygirl said:
Mine is cut to fall a certain way as well. Check out my newest pic in my album.
Your hair looks GREAT!! What products did you use for your maxiglide/bantu knot style (your latest album)? I love the end result.

Hehe heard my name mentioned. For those wondering how it looked shorter. Here it is:
Image2-vi.jpg

I also have a how to album on how to cut it yourself. Here is the link:
http://public.fotki.com/merie/hairstyles/do-it-yourself_the/

Currently the cut looks like this:

DSCN4685-vi.jpg

Who said naturals can't rock a cut?

WOW! You guys are making me want to cut my hair when I take out my braids....I wanted to wait until July at least!

ETA: BEAUTIFUL HAIR ladies!

Back