How do you style short 4a/b hair? HELP!

kiki2

How do You style short 4a/b hair?

I know that I need to stay away from heat if I want to grow my hair out but how do you style hair not long enough for a bun?

My hair is cut in a 1920's style A-line bob with bangs. My sides are jawlength and the nape is cropped short. It is dyed black and relaxed and is showstopping as long as I blowdry and flatiron. If I let it dry naturally, my hair looks terrible. My hair shrinks like crazy so my bangs stick up like little spikes, my long sides are too poofy and the texture is a mix between nappy/curly at the roots with straight ends. If I try to slick it down with gel, my long sides which are tucked behind the ears and the back start poofing up and sticking out as well.

Help!
Does anyone have any ideas?

kytrona

Try the bantu knot set. There are many threads going on about it, and some of them have pictures. My hair is not long enough for a bun either, and I tried it out last night, and it seems like something I could wear often.

Donda

Try a wet set :) Also Caruso Curls help me out when I'm close to a touchup, they give me a nice full coverup.