4a/b TWA's...what's your regimen?

Neen

4a/b TWA\'s...what\'s your regimen?

I'll start. I try to keep it simple since I can't stick with the complex regimens. I wash my hair at least every other day although I am trying to work it down to once a week. I am using Nexxus Therrape poo and Nexxus Humectress cond. (as a leave in) I am also using the Surge 14 spray twice daily. I use the Aubry GPB con as a deep con. but I only do that like every 2 weeks (it makes my hair frizzy /images/graemlins/confused.gif ). I just started the PP biotin on Saturday, 10mg/day. I'm already noticing my hair getting longer /images/graemlins/grin.gif and that Humectress (along with the Surge spray) is a Godsend to my very dry hair. Alrighty, who's next?

Re: 4a/b TWA\'s...what\'s your regimen?

I no-poo my hair once a week (usually on Sat or Sun). Shampoo gives me mega itchies so I use clarifying rinses instead. That way my hair gets clean without my scalp being dry/stripped. My wash routine goes like this:

1. No poo with a cheapo conditioner. Rinse (do this step only when doing step 2).
2. Mix 1 tbsp. baking soda with 2 cups water. Pour over hair and leave on for 1 minute. Rinse. (I do this step once or twice a month.)
3. Deep condition with conditioner, honey, and oil. Leave on for at least an hour. Rinse
4. Mix 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar with a 2qt pitcher of water. Pour over hair and do not rinse. (great for shiny hair. The smell goes away fast.)

I stretch my hair in fat plaits or by banding until it dries. I style my hair in a protective style and try to leave it in until next wash. I usually do twists. My scalp can't tolerate alot of oils or butters, so I twist with either no product or some alcohol free gel. I keep my hair moisturized by spraying daily with various leave in conditioners.

My hair is colored, so I use semi-permanent hair rinses to protect it against breakage once a month. I also do an Aphogee treatment every 6 weeks.

I dust my ends (trim) every 4-8 weeks.

I take vitamins: Country Life Maxi Hair, Flax Seed Oil, Evening Primrose Oil.

Thanks DelightfulFlame /images/graemlins/grin.gif . Anyone else want to share?

Thanks for making this thread Neen! It's like a TWA movement! LOL

Anyhow, my regimen is pretty simple, especially since I prefer the way my hair looks before I pick it out! All I do to my hair is con wash it twice a week and then on Saturdays, I give it a good shampoo and deep condition it with cholesterol and Hot Six oil. I use a shea butter grease, Luster's hair sheen spray and wild growth hair oil when I feel like it. Mostly I just leave my hair alone.

Honestly, I can't keep from touching my hair, but as far as products and hair treatments, I leave it alone! /images/graemlins/grin.gif

I CO wash it every morning with Herbal Essences mostly ( I LOVE THE SCENT!!) then I shake it a bit in the shower. When I get out I add a little Fantasha frizz free oil or something, then my Generic Paul Mitchel the Conditioner, then Citre Shine Curl and Wave Booster Gel.

When I'm in the gym and I did the pool or sweated an insane amount, I wash my hair with my Kenra samples (I just finished them today /images/graemlins/frown.gif ) and then while I'm still in the shower rub some Generic Sebastien Wet through my hair, shake shake shake. Then I take a blow dryer and quickly wave it all over my head for about 5 minutes or until my hair stops dripping down my face.

I just realized that the Kenra is amazing with curl definition and making my hair soft.

Oh and at night I might slap some shea butter or my latest find coconut oil and wear my satin cap to bed.

Every two weeks I give myself a hot oil treatment with coconut oil, olive oil and sometimes castor oil. (sometimes I just use one oil, too) I shampoo and condition with any number of products that I have (and that's a whole chest of products, okay?) Then, I deep condition with, again, any of number of products that I have. I detangle with a wide tooth plastic comb and Denman D4 brush (love it!!)

I moisturize 2x daily with one or more of the following: Fantasia IC curl activator moisturizer, Elasta QP mango butter, ORS shea butter lotion, coconut oil, Carol's Daughter HHB, and Hair Milk.

Every 1-2 months, I give myself a protein treatment with Nexxus Emergencee (esp. if I'm going to braid or weave my hair)

I twist my hair up nightly and sleep in a satin cap.

I'm REALLY REALLY feeling grease right now. Sometimes, I oil my scalp with coconut oil/castor oil every other day. I'm using Carol's Daughter HHB right now and I love this greasy crap!!! I tried the 'no grease', but I must go back to old school. The next time I go to Sally's I'll be picking up some type of B&B hair grease. Heck, maybe even blue magic!!!!

Mmmm, I am still trying to figure it out...LOL! /images/graemlins/bouncy.gif

******I keep my hair in some type of protective style about 99% of the time.******

I do deep conditionings w/ steam and conditioner/oil or shea butter about once per week. I might use shea and conditoner mixed together.

I no poo with a conditioner like sauve, I have many types of conditioners to choose from. I no poo at random usually once a week. Most of the time I just rinse my hair. Sometimes I add oils to my conditioner.

I use a natural sugar srub to really deep cleanse my scalp when needed.

I use a really good als/sls FREE shampoo called Jasons on occation.

I moisturise my hair when it needs to be moisturised, paying extra extra extra attention to me ends.

I do scalp massages paying close attention to the temples. I also use Surge when I can remember.

If I can find a scarf to wrap my hair in before I go to bed I might put it on BUT most of the time I just go to sleep with nothing on my head. lol

*I'm not big on trimming, theres no need for me to be. I simply take extra care of my ends

*I DON'T use heat

*I DON'T put a lot of products in my hair, normally after my deep conditioning I'm fine... for a while anyway.

*I DON"T fight the frizz. I just don't have the strength nor do I have the desire to. lol

*I DON'T fight shrinkage, that would be like fighting a never ending battle.

Back