4a Killer combo!

Je Ne Sais Quoi

After much testing LOL, I have determined a killer combo of products (for me anyway) that give me defined, soft, moisturized wash n go's. Feel free to ask questions if you have any. You can see my hair in my profile pic but it's about a month or so old.

Anyhoo, on to the list:

Cowash:
Cheapie of your choice which for me right now is White Rain Tropical Coconut mixed (maybe 60/40) with the Biolage Detangling Solution. Distribute really good via your hands, then let sit maybe a minute or two, then rinse and detangle with a comb under your shower head.

Once out of the shower I throw on my little tourbun thingy for a few minutes to let it dry a smidge.

Now Moisturize your situation:
Apply Sunsilk de frizz cream
Apply Bumble and Bumble Curl Consicious Cream
Apply ic gel on the edges and just a little (and I stress A LITTLE) throughout the hair to give it a little hold/definition
Apply cococonut oil throughout hair

The last step may seem like alot but honestly it isn't. After i take my turbun (how the heck do you spell that?!?!?!) off and start moisturizing it takes all of 5 minutes or less to apply the products. After that i usually add my scarf around my edges like in my profile pic, which is why i like to apply gel to the edges to help slick it back.

Your hair 4a hair hopefully will love these products. Don't try to beat me up at the next meetup if it don't :nono: :lachen::lachen:

hopeful

Go Bre Bree, your hair looks good girl! One question though, do you end up with white residue and if so how long does it take to go away. Everytime I use that many products on my hair it looks white for awhile and that ticks me off lol. Thanks for the tip :)

LayneJ

You have a beautiful wash n' go! Do you have bangs? I tried wearing a wash n' go with a bang, but shrinkage set in, and I looked crazy. :nono:

Anyway, I don't use those exact products, but that's how I do my wash n' go! I co-wash, then rinse, then apply my leave-in (Giovanni or Elucence), then I also apply a very small amount of gel to my edges. My avatar is a pic of my wash n' go.

Je Ne Sais Quoi

Go Bre Bree, your hair looks good girl! One question though, do you end up with white residue and if so how long does it take to go away. Everytime I use that many products on my hair it looks white for awhile and that ticks me off lol. Thanks for the tip :)

Hey chica :)

Nope, no white residue! I only use like a quarter amount of each product, and distribute through the hair. The coconut oil i use a lot more though cuz i like the bling it gives and how it helps keep my hair soft all day.

Je Ne Sais Quoi

Thanks ladies for the positive nod! i can't multiquote so just thought i would say it to you all at once :lachen: If i can't spell "turban" you know i can't multiquote :lachen::grin:

frankie

Your WNG looks great.:grin:

Thanks for the tips...not completely natural yet, but this advice will come in handy when I decide to chop. I'm subscribing to this thread, so I can pull it up quicker when I'm ready to experiment.

jemscizir

Bre Bre your hair looks FAB. One question, how and what do you do to it at night before bed? Im transitioning again and I want to do it right this time. Thanx

the_UnPrettiest_pretty

Beauty IS skin deep.
Cute wash-n-go Bre!! Too bad I can't do them. Wash-n-gos don't work for me:nono:. They leave my hair a detangled mess and it's hell trying to detangle that stuff. Oh, BTW, your little girl looks EXACTLY like you!!! Damn near a spitting image of her mother!!

cocosweet

Bre, your hair is pretty! I may try those products once I'm done with my self imposed use it up challenge with my Garnier stuff.

sunshinebeautiful

Very cute wash-n-go, Bre! :grin:

See you ain't right... You gonna make me go and buy some Bumble and Bumble products.

As soon as I kill off some of these products I got lying around my bathroom:look:, I will try these combo of products. I'm not natural, but I am a 4a, so I think it will turn out ok.

hopeful

Hey chica :)

Nope, no white residue! I only use like a quarter amount of each product, and distribute through the hair. The coconut oil i use a lot more though cuz i like the bling it gives and how it helps keep my hair soft all day.

Thanks! That's my problem, I can be heavy-handed with products, I gotta work on that.