Naturals that Straighten...

PrincessKia

Hey PrincessKia do you have hard water? This is the first time I've EVER had dandruff and an itchy scalp with flakes because I now go to college in a hard water area. I moved from a very soft water area to a hard water area, and the adjustment has been hard on my hair and even harder on my scalp.

Oh I have no clue if we have hard water. I did try the olive oil and it worked perfectly. My edges are no longer flaky and if they are I dab it on and go.

I've always had scalp problems though. Itchy, flaky, dry and it always started stopped randomly. The only time I really don't have a problem is when I co-wash everyday. If I flat iron it has to be a light on on my scalp or else it's over.

Jaxhair

Wow, what a thread! I don't use heat yet.... might blowdry the next time I have a trim now that I found this. Still very scared of heat though - need to learn my basics before I go get my hair heat damaged, especially as it gets damaged soooo easily! Great one though, I'm sure I'll visit again just to recap on the methods and the products. Thanks to OP and to all other contributors!

Jenn22588

Took me forever to read this thread, finally done.
Thanks Pink for starting this thread.

If anyone is still looking for the combs this is where I bought mine.
http://www.hairsense.com/combs.htm I love them. I've never seen them in a BSS only plastic ones so I bought two from here.

lilvudufly

That is really good news for us natural sisters. I have been going tothe Aveda School for cheaper press outs since I sweat my hair out so fast working out. My hair isn't long enough to pull up so I just put a hand band on that covers my edges and wrap or pin curl at night.

AtlantaJJ

......deleted post
OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG :thud:

Girl Girl Girl....I have no words :notworthy

naturalmanenyc

Wow!!!!! I cannot believe that you did the BKT on all that hair by yourself. Please share your experience!

QOD Gold Brazilian Keratin Treatment on my Natural Hair. I did it myself!

BostonMaria

Your hair looks beautiful, Pinkskates!

I'm curious to see how it gradually goes back to curly. Please keep us updated! I am not interested in BKT, but I would refer people I know that are interested in the procedure to this thread if you like your results.

Rei

yes tell us! I was on the fence about this, but If it worked pretty well on your hair I will have to reconsider! *full on lemming mode*

lala

I'm relaxed but these tips are very helpful for me since I now have to manage my own hair.

I can't rollerset so the Hot Sock diffuser combined with your drying technique will minimize the damage to my hair while blow drying. Thanks for taking the time to be so thorough!

genesis132

Bumping...cause it's a great thread :grin: and I just bought a Sedu and will flatiron my hair once I'm out of these twists..

brownbean96

I see that I am soo late on this thread but I just had to comment to tell you that you a total inspiration (and I haven't even really seen much of your hair because I'm new and can't figure out how to see pictures in your profile) mostly based on the sound information your giving. Thank You

I am at my wits end with my hair and really desire to wear it straight and am considering a relaxer but I really don't want to becuase of the limitations. I'm going to blow out my hair (attempting your tension method/however for some reason the pic/video you attached earlier in the thread doesn't show - I'm hoping that it's also in your fotki/I just sent you a msg asking for your pwsd) and flat iron my hair. Through experience, I've realzied that the hot comb is much to much heat for me.

I will post pictures!

Hysi

pinkskates! i was trying to look at your fotki. is that ok? if so could you pm me the psswd? thx!

hair4romheaven

I see so many different hot socks and the pictures are no longer available on this thread. Can some one direct me to where i can get the proper hot sock? Also is CHI a heat silk infusion a protectant?