4th Commandment.. Anyone ?

goldielocs

Thank you for answering my question.

This is going to sound dumb but...is there a scripture that says Saturday is the 7th day? Or that Sunday is the first day? I guess what I'm not understanding is why that specific day was chosen; was it even laid out in scripture?

It seems to me that a day was chosen arbitrarily...and therefore you could take any day as your weekly sabbath and keep it holy. For example, if you worked on Saturday...would it be wrong to choose Wednesday as your sabbath since that's the only day you have free?

Bear with me y'all...I just want some information.

Happy Sabbath!

I understand your search for information and that is wonderful. I think others have posted and answered your questions so I won't repeat. One thing. Even though my husband works on Saturday, he makes a point to spend time with us and rest as much as he can on the Sabbath. He works from 5pm until 3am. We are praying he either gets a shift change or a better position where he doesn't have to work on the Sabbath. I honestly think God knows our heart's intentions and will bless us.

Peace and blessings

kgard7777

I hope you ladies had a wonderful sabbath this weekend!

Also, a lot of the questions some of you are asking are in the bible of course. However Caribgirl ( a member here) directed me to a good site as well (see below) that really breaks things down and show you where scriptures back the Sabbath truth.

For the young lady asking about where it says Saturday is stated as the 7th day. Look on your calendar Sunday is the first day of the week and Saturday is the seventh day. Even in Spanish Saturday is pronounced Sabado.

www.amazingfacts.org

God Bless!

Last edited: