5 weeks ago I relaxed and now my hair looks underprocessed at the roots, Help!

cocochanty

ok I relaxed my hair 5 weeks ago and every thing was great. my hair was flowing and bone straight. But then two weeks ago my roots puffed up over night. It's not new growth cause my new growth is alot courser. The puffy hair is more underprocessed. I dont get it I used ORS regular lye relaxer and I put it in for the proper time.:nono:

any suggestions, ladies?:perplexed

Last edited:

drasgrl

Same thing happened to me except mine did it in about two weeks. I'm not going to relax again until the end of next month (12 weeks) so I'm just keeping my hair moisturized and carrying on as usual. You can do a corrective, use heat to straighten, or just wait until you relax again.

HoneyDew

Is it all over or in a certain section?

If it is in a certain section, make sure it is not some mild damage or breakage. I had this happen once and it ended up being breakage that was getting tangled and gave me the illusion that it was "puffy". I thought it was NG, then I thought it was underprocessing. I discovered much later what it was, but I may have been able to do something if I had realized it sooner. My situation may be unique, but I thought I would mention it anyway.

Otherwise, if it is underprocessed hair, you have gotten to 5 weeks so I'd say that's pretty good. Is it managable enough to go a few more weeks? I say go at least another 3 weeks before doing a corrective.