8 inches of growth so far this year!

NJoy

Here I grow again!
So I just posted in a thread measuring growth by inches. Based on inches, it seemed that I must've grown 7-8 inches, guestimating the starting inches of starting length.

That made me curious as to whether that was right, so I measured the texlaxed to ng portion of a shedded strand (I started texlaxing when I came to this site). I measured 8 inches from root to where the bone straight started. I tried to take a pic but it's impossible with my cellphone but, the numbers and my milestone markers fit. I'll do a final measurement with tape pic at my end of the year reveal. Just stunned to find for sure that I'm above the 6 inch average with 2 months yet to go! :woohoo:

From Hairline

el=n/a
nl=n/a
sl=16"
apl=21"
bsl=24"
mbl=25"
wl=28"
hl=30"
tbl=34"

Currently approx 26.5 inches. :lick:
I'm 5'7"

curlycrocheter

Even in your siggy pics that clearly looks like 8+ inches of growth to me...whatever you are doing, keep it up girlfrien!

Oh...reggie please? :D

hannan

I was already dying at your siggy but 8 inches? :thud:

I think just typing "great progress" will be the understatement of the year. Keep it up!

NJoy

Here I grow again!
jasmineml, my reggie is in my lhcf blog.

It just hit me that I said 8 inches. :thud: (I hope I didn't jinx myself. No stalls please! :pray:)

NJoy

Here I grow again!
What do you use as a daily moisturizer!

krissyprissy, I had been pretty loyal to NTM Silk Touch Leave In. But, since I'm stretching (15 wks post), lately I've been spraying in Nu Gro moisturizer (really helps soften my ng. Thanks JJamiah) and either Giovanni Direct LI or HELTR LI. Then I seal it in with Hot Six Oil.

soon2bsl

Awesome growth NJoy!! Love your siggy! Girl you will definitely be HL by next summer at the rate you're going!! :)

NJoy

Here I grow again!
Awesome growth NJoy!! Love your siggy! Girl you will definitely be HL by next summer at the rate you're going!! :)

Barring any setbacks, I'm sure too. I feel like my growth spurt is late winter/early spring (March-May timeframe). :pray:

Jas123

The Star of a Story
bibirockz, I've decided to stretch til the end of this year. I'll be 22wks post. Then I'll stretch again for 6 mos. Hopefully that will put me at hl by June. :pray:
from the rate you're growing i have no doubt you'll be hl next june... you're obviously one of those lucky people who get more than 6in a year... keep up the good work...

NikkiGirl

NJOY, you are doing such a great job. Keep up the good work. You are in the Waist Length Challenge 2011? Hope to see you there. :)

NJoy

Here I grow again!
NJOY, you are doing such a great job. Keep up the good work. You are in the Waist Length Challenge 2011? Hope to see you there. :)

Thanks, NikkiGirl I didn't join. I'm still pushing for WL2010. I'm in that challenge and the HL 2011 thread. Still slobbering over your flat ironed luciousness. Your hair is stunning!

jenaccess

Would you pleassse share your growth aid mix recipe. Your hair growth in unbelievable and the year hasn't even ended yet.

NikkiGirl

Thanks, NikkiGirl I didn't join. I'm still pushing for WL2010. I'm in that challenge and the HL 2011 thread. Still slobbering over your flat ironed luciousness. Your hair is stunning!

I am thinking about joining the HipLength challenge for next year. I will look it up. Good Luck on Waist for 2010. You will definitely make it. I am gonna go read your reggie to see if i can tweek mine some to help myself out some. :)

NJoy

Here I grow again!
Would you pleassse share your growth aid mix recipe. Your hair growth in unbelievable and the year hasn't even ended yet.

jenaccess Girl, I've been sharing my growth mix all over the boards and the Net. It may be in my blog too. I think it works like mtg without the drying and stinkiness.

I use a heaping tsp of sublimed sulfur mixed into 8 oz of oils (I change the oils up, depending. But I try to stick with penetrating oils. My faves: jojoba, EVOO, EVCO and JBCO). Mix and let it sit overnight so that the oils become infused with the sulfur instead of just sulfur in oil (does that make sense) and shake well before each use. I also add EO's (my faves: rosemary & peppermint oils)

Patch test each batch before using. You'll find more info on sulfur and sulfur-based mixes in the Sulfur Challenge.

I'm not giving all the credit to the mix tho. (My disclaimer so that I don't get hit with anti-sulfur posts like I did over at BHM. 'course, that was several months ago and, uh, I haven't heard a peep from the "3rd-tier" naysayer after posting my latest pics :grin:)

taj

Congrats Njoy your rate of growth and retention is amazing. You're such an inspiration!!! I'm doing the happy dance for you!! lol!

Ijanei

I'm so jealous that I can not even make a proper comment at the moment....congrats on your progress and tremendous growth. wow! You just made my three inches from feb to now look like crap even more (off to pout)

D.Lisha

Girl you got me on the phone as we speak asking CVS if they have some sulfur :yep:
Lovely progress!

UPDATE!
-:nono: they didn't have it-:sigh:

Last edited:

NJoy

Here I grow again!
Girl you got me on the phone as we speak asking CVS if they have some sulfur :yep:
Lovely progress!

UPDATE!
-:nono: they didn't have it-:sigh:

D.Lisha, Call back and ask for the pharmacy. They'll order it for you. That's where I got mine. Make sure you're asking for sublimed sulfur. They're not going to have it on the shelves.