A Color Rinse Question...

Lady_Lioness

Hi ladies,

In about 2 more days...I'll be doing a color rinse...This would be my first time ever applying a rinse on my own without the help of a stylist...I was just wondering how do you ladies apply your rinses?

I just bought Beautiful Collection in black and the bottle's instructions are clear to me...I'm just more concerned about the conditioning part...Do you deep condition b4 you apply the rinse or after? and Would it be ok to leave some conditioner in your hair while adding the rinse?...I've been searching the threads but couldn't find an answer.

Thanx:)

mommatide

I HAD THE SAME ? WHEN I DID A BLACK RINSE, SO I CALLED THE INFO# THAT WAS LISTED ON THE BOX. I USED A LOREAL TEMP. RINSE. THE REP. SAID TO DEEP CONDITION FIRST, RINSE, THEN DO THE COLOR. I DID THAT, BUT AFTER I RINSED THE COLOR OUT, I PUT A LITTLE CONDITIONER BACK IN MY HAIR FOR ABOUT 3 MIN, AND THEN DID A FINAL RINSE. I HAVE DONE IT TWICE THE SAME WAY AND IT CAME OUT FINE.

Lady_Lioness

Thank u so much mommatide for the advice and I'll consider giving that a try...Does anyone else have another advice?

Lady_Lioness

PerfectDoak said:
Deep condition AFTER the rinse.
Before will stop the colour taking as well.

Thank you for responding...I have another question when you apply your rinses do you pile your hair up on top of your head or do you apply the rinse with your hair combed straight back?

AnjelLuvs

I use Adore Rinses, so only speaking from that experience.. I love it, I usually apply my whole head by section and parting like putting hair on as if a perm... Then I sit under the dryer for 15 mins... I then wash till water runs clear, and deep contion, because it(Adore Rince) tends to dry hair like protein cons. Then style as usually...

Lady_Lioness

AnjelLuvsUBabe said:
I use Adore Rinses, so only speaking from that experience.. I love it, I usually apply my whole head by section and parting like putting hair on as if a perm... Then I sit under the dryer for 15 mins... I then wash till water runs clear, and deep contion, because it(Adore Rince) tends to dry hair like protein cons. Then style as usually...

Thanx alot Anjel...I'll apply mines like that...and let me ask you After you applied your rinse with heat and washed that out...Do you use heat to deep condition or not?...Beautiful Collection has some protein in it also...so I know definetely not to use a protein conditioner.

dlewis

I recently applied a rinse to my hair I washed before appling the rinse and conditioned afterwards. Also I had a lot of shedding, I believe because of that rinse.

Babygurl

I uses rinses often...I also use the Beautiful Collection in Darkest Brown and Adore in Clear. I shampoo first, apply the rinse then sit under the dryer for about 20 minutes. I then apply a diluted shampoo mix and deep condition usually with Humectress or any moisturizing conditioner as rinses do tend to make the hair a bit hard.