A couple of questions in one post?! Help Pluuueeaassseeee!!!

lizzyb168

My hair has been shedding quite a bit and i wanted to get garlic shampoo but i cant find any.

So instead im goin to buy garlic powder and mix it in with my mane n tail conditioner tommorow. I wanted to add a bit of EVOO to it aswell. Do you think that would work????

Also, how do u tell if a conditioner is a protein conditioner? What do i have to look out for on the label?

Please help me out....

THAnks!

Br*nzeb*mbsh~ll

Try a coffee rinse.

Brew a regular pot of coffee - (or buy a tall cup from starbucks) let it cool. After washing your hair, rinse with the coffee, cover with a plastic cap/plastic wrap for at least an hour, or use it as a leave-in (which is what I do).

This should help dramatically.

lizzyb168

Hmmm, i have read your posts about this before. I might try this instead! I am just over 6 months post and dont know whether it is because i am transitioning or the weather or anything. I will definately give it a go though! Thanks!

ANUBIS

you could try heating up your olive oil with some beaten garlic cloves..im not sure how well garlic powder would work since it is dehydrated and processed. Ive tried this with honey and molasses as a deep conditioner and it really helped with my post partum shedding

TeeWhyAre

Try a coffee rinse.

Brew a regular pot of coffee - (or buy a tall cup from starbucks) let it cool. After washing your hair, rinse with the coffee, cover with a plastic cap/plastic wrap for at least an hour, or use it as a leave-in (which is what I do).

This should help dramatically.

some folks might be running round here burning their scalps and I wanted to make sure they saw the let it cool part of the process.

lizzyb168

hmmm i might try that instead. I think that even though the powder is processed and dehydrated, ive heard that it still works in stopping shedding. I just dont want it to stink to much, i think the powder wont smell as much as the cloves.

lizzyb168

Yeh i had done a search and read some of these posts before, but i still wasnt sure. This transitioning shedding is getting a bit crazy so i definately need a fix quick!

sharifeh

For protein conditioners look out for words like
reconstructor
prevents damage
keratin

stuff like that....

TeeWhyAre

Yeh i had done a search and read some of these posts before, but i still wasnt sure. This transitioning shedding is getting a bit crazy so i definately need a fix quick!

pour some garlic powder in the coffee w/ evoo? make a paste of it. i say 'speriment and see what you get. you might stumble on something golden.

Last edited:

lizzyb168

but i have mane n tail conditioner and i heard that was a protein conditioner, but it doesnt have any words like reconstructor, prevents damage or keratin on it?!?!

sharifeh

but i have mane n tail conditioner and i heard that was a protein conditioner, but it doesnt have any words like reconstructor, prevents damage or keratin on it?!?!

here is the description though:

Conditions hair and skin
Helps shield against breakage and split ends
Moisturizes to eliminate itching
Protects against environmental damage
Keeps hair soft and manageable
Made in USA

Now anyone can have a lustrous, silky mane, with Mane ‘N Tail Leave-In Conditioner. An exclusive original, highly concentrated formula with a unique action that helps to maintain and achieve a longer, healthier-looking mane and tail. The Original Mane 'n Tail Conditioner can be used as a leave-in or rinse-out based on hair type and desired look. Results can be seen after one application. Works five Ways: Conditions and fortifies hair and skin for a renewed, lustrous, healthy look. Helps prevent hair breakage and split ends. Natural oils nourish and condition scalp to protect against unsightly flaking and scaling. Essential moisturizing corrects the drying effect caused by sun, wind and use of bleach and peroxide lighteners. Keeps hair tangle free, soft and manageable for grooming and braiding.

Look at the bolded parts
The preventing breakage parts clues you in that it's protein

lizzyb168

sharifeh, thanks. i use this as my leave in, and its really good but i this is a reason y i am having a lil problems with my hair. Imma do the coffee rinse/garlic treatment and then a moisturising conditioner afterwards. I this will work!