A lil' update on my shedding issues.

sweetcashew

Isis said:
What about your water quality? Some of the ladies here use water filters. Water quality can change dramatically sometimes. I guess the best way to test that is to wash your hair elsewhere and see if there is a difference.

My only other thought is hormonal, as mentioned by BlackCardinal. Hormones can be balanced (like with natural progesterone) though but I suggest seeing a doctor first to make sure.

I truly hope you get a quick solution to this shedding, Sweetcashew.

I was in Georgia for a few weeks and washing with their water made me shed even more. It was horrible.
I really do think it's hormonal because I noticed that my hair is growing in faster, thicker and darker all over my body. It's confusing as heck seeing that I'm not using anything for hair growth or changed my diet other than losing weight. So I really don't know what it is.
I figure I'd give it until the end of the year then I'm going back to the doctor so she can dig deeper and maybe find the problem.

VelvetRain

sweetcashew said:
I don't use any other products on my hair other than regular shampoo, conditioner and leave in.
Honestly the first time it came out so much was a morning after airdrying in the ponytail rollerset. I started combing my hair and my brother exclaimed at the amount of hair that was coming out on the comb.
I thought maybe my hair was breaking from those little rubber band holders but when I checked them they were all shed hair.
One day I was losing 5 strands a day and the next day it was maybe 100.
I started taking iron supplements after that but nothing. I did, lose about 40 lbs in a short period of time on the Atkins diet, a factor my mom insists is the cause of my hair loss.
I allowed myself to regain some weight just to try to trick my body but still nothing.

I had to say something about the bolded part in your response. Did you ever think that losing that amount of weight in a short time is causing your hair loss. This very well could be your problem.

I feel for you but my hair loss is due to job related stress/trauma. Slowly I am piecing my life back together after it but my hair is not responding back quickly at all to my lifes events.

KhandiB

I feel your pain SC but girl I get 3 times or more shedding than that, and its been for the past 5 months at least...

caltron

michelle3147 said:
I had to say something about the bolded part in your response. Did you ever think that losing that amount of weight in a short time is causing your hair loss. This very well could be your problem.

I agree. Many people lose hair after losing weight quickly and it doesn't matter what diet plan you're on. It is normal and it will stop very soon after your weight loss slows down some. Don't let that deter you from continuing to lose weight though Good for you on losing 40+ pounds!!