Conspiracy Theory!!

Legend

Trichological Alchemist
I have a little vent. :eek:

I’ve taken to buying samples of products—particularly conditioners—instead of purchasing full-size products outright as not to buy a bunch of products I won’t use. I admit, it’s a great fix to my conditioner addition. :grin:

Well, it seems sample after sample I’ve tried and loved, I’ll purchase the full-size product….only to find it does not work the same!!!! :mad:

I don’t know, ladies, but I’m convinced there is a conspiracy. I think manufacturers have special formulations for their samples--like higher-quality ingredients, better concentration, or something--because often when I compare the sample and full-size, details like the consistency, smell, etc. are different. Many times I’ve found the sample is usually thicker, works better, and smells nicer. It’s like a bait-and-switch tactic!!==> :angeldevi

Has this been noticed by anyone else? :confused: Sometimes I think I’m better off sticking to the samples. It’s more expensive by volume, but they just seem to work better!!!

LovelyLionessa

You might be onto something there, Legend. Although I have not experienced that so much with samples, I absolutely love my ORS Replenishing Paks!! I just add one Pak to a bowlful of LeKair and I'm good to go! What worries me (if I stop to think about it) is if the rumours are true and the conditioner is going to start coming out in a bottle instead of the traditional envelope packette, will the quality still be the same? :scratchch

Sometimes good things do come in small packages!! :cool:

LovelyLionessa

You might be onto something there, Legend. Although I have not experienced that so much with samples, I absolutely love my ORS Replenishing Paks!! I just add one Pak to a bowlful of LeKair and I'm good to go! What worries me (if I stop to think about it) is if the rumours are true and the conditioner is going to start coming out in a bottle instead of the traditional envelope packette, will the quality still be the same? :scratchch

Legend

Trichological Alchemist
Priestess said:

ITA! Experience has taught me good things do come in small packages!! :lol:

BTW, I read this ORS rumor as well. I sure hope the quality does not suffer!!! Manufacturers sure like to add water to stuff when it’s put in a bottle, supposedly to make it easier to use. :mad: Hopefully they’ll put it in a jar so it will have to remain thicker.

LovelyLionessa

Legend said:
ITA! Experience has taught me good things do come in small packages!! :lol:

BTW, I read this ORS rumor as well. I sure hope the quality does not suffer!!! Manufacturers sure like to add water to stuff when it’s put in a bottle, supposedly to make it easier to use. :mad: Hopefully they’ll put it in a jar so it will have to remain thicker.

Companies need to learn when to quit while they're ahead and leave well enough alone! :wallbash:

They don't want to hear from me if they mess up my beloved Pak! :phone:

:lol:

Syrah

That's just it. Using a product once does not give your hair the full effects. You can use anything ONCE and experience results, because your hair is adjusting. The question is how does ____ effect your hair over the long run?!

That was me with NeXXus. I tried a couple of the conditioners ONCE and was like "this stuff is great". Went out and bought it and found it, after a couple of weeks my hair was feeling dry and brittle....hard and dead. Needless to say that $18 bottle was in the trash with a quickness...

...for me it's the long run.

Legend

Trichological Alchemist
MsNadi said:
That's just it. Using a product once does not give your hair the full effects. You can use anything ONCE and experience results, because your hair is adjusting. The question is how does ____ effect your hair over the long run?!

That was me with NeXXus. I tried a couple of the conditioners ONCE and was like "this stuff is great". Went out and bought it and found it, after a couple of weeks my hair was feeling dry and brittle....hard and dead. Needless to say that $18 bottle was in the trash with a quickness...

...for me it's the long run.

ITA wholeheartedly! :yep: I give every product at least a 30-day try-out. ;)

The only problem is it’s like I’m getting completely different products, regardless of how my hair feels after using the sample. I'm not talking about just effectiveness here. Believe me, I’ve had plenty of samples that’s worked horribly! :lol:

But, what I’m getting at is some nice, thick-consistency samples (even the ones that don’t work great), often have waterier, full-size counterparts...or different textures....or different fragrances, again, no matter how well it works in the short or long term. It’s really bizarre. The sample should be representative of the product, and they often aren't. :perplexed

Syrah

Yea...I agree.

The samples are thick and cremey - the bottle is often more saturated with water and sometimes doesn't even smell the same.

Whatup with that?!

jasmin

Has happened to be more than once..even with skin care products. I don't really trust samples.

Mizani_Mrs

I guess i'm one of the dummies who never put 2 & 2 together. I have never experienced this. But i was just thinking that perhaps they have changed the formula and sent you the new formula in the large bottle. usually the small samples are the last to get rid of, when there is a formula change...

LovelyLionessa

Mizani_Mrs said:
I guess i'm one of the dummies who never put 2 & 2 together. I have never experienced this. But i was just thinking that perhaps they have changed the formula and sent you the new formula in the large bottle. usually the small samples are the last to get rid of, when there is a formula change...

This is so true. Do you guys remember Profectiv Breakfree before the formula change? It was a silky, pink dream cream. It had all the natural ingriedients at the top of the ingriedient list, "Water, horsetail, sage..." I thought this was going to be "the one" for me. Then they changed the formula. :mad:

I noticed in Wal-Mart they had some packs of MegaGrowth with a free sample size of Breakfree attached. Guess what? It was the old formula. What a way to get consumers hooked on something you don't make anymore. :ohwell:

RainbowCurls

I've never noticed this as I'm not one for samples.

Very sneaky!

Surely illegal though, if the formulas are different...?