A Natural's Delight! Updated Pics 3/23/2004!

Melaninme

A Natural\'s Delight! Updated Pics 3/23/2004!

Well Spring has finally arrived in my area and I couldn't resist taking a few pics and posting to share.

Take care,

Added a few more! Hope you enjoy!

Asha

Nonie

Re: A Natural\'s Delight! Updated Pics 3/22/2004!

Asha, Idol-mine, you better be modeling with your beautiful self and hair; would be such a waste if you aren't! Lovely pics indeed! Thanks for the treat.

B

Bublnbrnsuga

Asha- Gotta share your routine! Here are a few questions that have gotta be answered:

What products do you use?

How many twists did you do for your twistout? Were they wet or dry? Did you leave your twists in for a while?

How long is your hair now?

Darnit- just tell us your regimen/routine. I am a newly napp myself. I cut my hair in February after 1 year and 4 months of transitioning,so you have gotta share the wealth!

Lindy

Great pictures!!
Your hair looks very thick and healthy!!

Melaninme

[ QUOTE ]
Bublnbrnsuga said:
Asha- Gotta share your routine! Here are a few questions that have gotta be answered:

What products do you use?

[/ QUOTE ]

Shampoo - my own that I make.
Pomade - my own that I make.
Conditioner - for now Kenra, unitl I make/perfect my own.

[ QUOTE ]
How many twists did you do for your twistout? Were they wet or dry? Did you leave your twists in for a while?

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm not sure how many twists I had in these pics, but the twists were amost a week old and were done on dry hair.

[ QUOTE ]
How long is your hair now?

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't know. Not much longer than my pics done found in "The Day In The Life of This Natural" album.

[ QUOTE ]
Darnit- just tell us your regimen/routine. I am a newly napp myself. I cut my hair in February after 1 year and 4 months of transitioning,so you have gotta share the wealth!

[/ QUOTE ]

Believe it or not, I'm still perfecting my routine. I notice that as my hair gets longer, things change. I shampoo once to twice a week and deep condition once every two weeks. These days, I keep my hair mostly in twists.

HTH!

Melaninme

Thank you, thank you and thank you Ladies! You girls are fantastic!

shoelover1972

WOW your hair looks amazing both straight & the braid out
. I also liked your picture that looks like an album cover. You are very photogenic.

Ipanema

I agree with everyone else. Your hair is gorgeous! I would love to have a haircut like that. Did you get it cut at a salon or do it yourself? If you went to a salon, did they straighten it first? Did you show them a picture of what you wanted?

christina

[ QUOTE ]
bettydavis said:
You and your hair are gorgeous! I love the hat too!

[/ QUOTE ]

Ditto! Asha you are such an inspiration!

isis1913

Your hair looks GREAT! When you do a braid out - do you braid to the ends??? I love your hair!!!!!!!!!

Natural_Girl

Okay - your hair is slammin'!!!
How often do you press your hair? Do you blow dry it/roller set? do you use the pressing comb or flat iron it?

PLEASEEEEEE share...this natural is at the verge of a texturizer/relaxer...but reading your post may save me!!!:O)

Please share your regime also.

Thanks!

Tonya

You are looking good girl!! I am loving your style as well as that gorgeous mane of yours!! You are an inspiration to all transitioners out there!

sengschick

The Bun Master

Wow!!
I'm new to braid and twist-outs, but I'm going to keep at it and hope that mine look this good one day!! Keep up the good work!!

daviine

Well Asha--you know I have always admired your hair. Thanks so much for sharing.....You make me wanna go natural...

GinnyP

Asha, your hair is really beautiful and so are you! now how do you make your own shampoo?(LOL)

sengschick

The Bun Master

Asha,

How do you stop your roots from being puffy? I just did my first twist-out Friday night. My roots are nice and smooth when I do a braid-out, but I'm looking like Puff the Magic Dragon near the scalp! I re-wet and re-twisted a few sections of hair last night and held the roots w/small metal duck-bill hair clips which did help. What do you do?

Thx in Advance,
~sengschick

memphischik

Your hair is beautiful. You are a true inspiration for a new transitioner.

memphischik

deeplyrooted

your hair looks WONDERFUL ! ! ! girl you better strick a pose with that twist out ! ! !

Melaninme

Wow! Thank you Ladies! Thank you very much!

Isis913, yes...I twist to the ends.

Natural_Girl, I press my hair every two or more months. This summer I'm going to go without pressing and wait until fall. Also, I use the pressing comb when I press.

As I've mentioned earlier, I don't have a set regime.but as of lately I wear twists 97% of the time. I do wash my hair once to twice a week and deep condition every two weeks.

Sensgchick, I know what you mean...I get puffy roots as well, so I had to get use to it, especially during the hot and the high humidity months. I like it. It seems to add character to my style. You may not be able to tell in the pics that my roots are puffy, but they are...trust me. LOL!!!

Again, to all, BIG thanks!!!

Melaninme

[ QUOTE ]
Asha97 said:
Wow! Thank you Ladies! Thank you very much!

Isis913, yes...I twist to the ends.

Natural_Girl, I press my hair every two or more months. This summer I'm going to go without pressing and wait until fall. Also, I use the pressing comb when I press.

As I've mentioned earlier, I don't have a set regime, but for the past 3 - 4 month I wear twists 97% of the time. I do wash my hair once to twice a week and deep condition every two weeks.

Sensgchick, I know what you mean...I get puffy roots as well, so I had to get use to it, especially during the hot and the high humidity months. I like it. It seems to add character to my style. You may not be able to tell in the pics that my roots are puffy, but they are...trust me. LOL!!!

ETA:

I have noticed with my intake of MSM, Flaxseed oil and my hair vitamins, that my new growth comes in a lot smoother/softer, which may contribute to the lack of/or not of the puff factor.

Again, to all, BIG thanks!!!

[/ QUOTE ]

Natural_Girl

Thanks for the feedback!
Much appreciated!
You are truly an inspiration...I'm reconsidering texturizing/relaxing my hair now!

MANY MANY THANKS!

Take care and many blessing from above unto you!