A New Supplement Regime For 2006

esoterica

i have come to realise that i'm way too lazy/inconsistent to be popping all these pills. no matter how they are for me and my hair. so, starting in January, i will be changing my supplement regime and including only the minimum of things which i know will help me the most. This list changing, but so far here's what i have:

1. Life Extension Mix Powder (A Multi) 3 Pages of Ingredients :http://public.fotki.com/jadedcynicism/password/health/supplements/regime/ingredients1.html
  2. N-Acetyl-Cysteine 2.4g - thickens the individual diameters of existing hair if taken regularly - aids in restoring the natural color to hair - facilitates longer hair growth, beyond what is genetically programmed.
  3. Jarrow BioSil (Silica) - [size=-1]improve the health, texture and volume of hair.[/size] http://ezinearticles.com/?Lack-of-Iodine-and-Silica-Can-Create-Hair-Loss&id=77881
what will you guys be taking for the new year?
do you think you will be consistent throughout the year?

Cichelle

I am going to continue taking the following:

Mulitvitamin
Flax oil
Carrot juice
2 liters water
silica

I have not missed the flax oil, carrot juice, water or silica for a few months now. But I ran out of my multivitamin and delayed buying it again, so I missed a couple of weeks on that one. I am seriously considering adding a B-Complex to this list. I was taking one, but again, I ran out and neglected to buy more. That is usually my problem. I am doing everything I can to get more protein in my diet. I was eating protein bars every day, but I decided to switch to the powder to decrease the amount of fat in my diet. Now I can't use the powder anymore because it gives me a stomach ache. So, right now, I'm trying to come up with a better solution.

Good luck on your regimen!

foxybrownsugar

Here are mine:
Natrol's Probiotics-improves immune system;anti-candida growth;blocks adhesion of pathogens;relieves urinary tract infections;prevents colon cancer. It is a blend of Lactobacillus acidophilus,Bifidobacterium acidophilus, Bifidobacterium bifidum,Bifidobacterium longum and Lactobacillus rhamnosus.

N-acetyl cysteine- cysteine is found in beta-keratin the main protein in nails, skin and hair. It helps maintain a healthy, youthful apperance by encouraging collagen production and skin elasticity. It raises glutathione (an antioxidant) levels within the liver. Glutathione is helpful against viruses because it stimulates T4 killer cells. Glutathione is also preferred by the brain for free radical protection. Glutathione is an immune enhancer that protects the liver against toxins, detoxifys heavy metals esp. mercury & lead etc.

organic milled flaxseeds-rich in alpha linolenic acid, an omega 3 fat. It is anti-inflammatory. It protects against heart disease, cancer and diabetes. It is rich in fiber. It contains lignans which is converted in the gut to enterolac
tonetenterodiol this hormone protects women against breast cancer.

borage oil capsules-nourishes nails, scalp and hair. Clears up acne and rosacea and reduces eczema and psoriasis. Contains more GLA than evening primrose.

salmon (fish) oil capsules-It lowers stroke and heart attack risks. It reduces inflammation. It improves mood (depression, mood swings). It is a brain food(EPA/DHA) meaning it is preferred by our brains which is 60% fat. It gives the brain a mental edge and also protects against alzheimers, ADD, ADHD and cognitive decline. It protects against cancer because of the high amount of selenium in fish

Multi with iron- My multi also has a small amount of silica in it. I eat cucumbers which has silica in it so i think im ok.

In the winter i'm thinking of adding berry-green a powder i found at the vitamin shop. spinach(greens) and berries are high in antioxidants and are considered brain foods. And greens for the iron i need. ETA: It contains raspberries also which helps controls hormones levels of women that have pms and menopause.

Last edited:
I think I will be sticking to the vitamins that I have been taking. I've been really consistant for the last month since joining the vitamin and water challenge.

Biotin
Multivitamin
Flaxseed oil
Iron Chelate

My hair is growing in thicker and coily and it looks to me that my growth is speeding up (or it could be the baggie method or any of the other things I am doing).

I have very oily skin and I noticed that my skin has been oilier since taking flax seed oil 2x daily :(. Has anyone else noticed this?

lexi08

asphyxxia said:
i have come to realise that i'm way too lazy/inconsistent to be popping all these pills. no matter how they are for me and my hair. so, starting in January, i will be changing my supplement regime and including only the minimum of things which i know will help me the most. This list changing, but so far here's what i have:

1. Life Extension Mix Powder (A Multi) 3 Pages of Ingredients :http://public.fotki.com/jadedcynicism/password/health/supplements/regime/ingredients1.html
  2. N-Acetyl-Cysteine 2.4g - thickens the individual diameters of existing hair if taken regularly - aids in restoring the natural color to hair - facilitates longer hair growth, beyond what is genetically programmed.
  3. Jarrow BioSil (Silica) - [size=-1]improve the health, texture and volume of hair.[/size] http://ezinearticles.com/?Lack-of-Iodine-and-Silica-Can-Create-Hair-Loss&id=77881
what will you guys be taking for the new year?
do you think you will be consistent throughout the year?

What brand of n-acetyl- cysteine are you using?

chocolate01

I think I will just stick to taking my multivitamin. That is the only one I am really consistant with taking. I have a bottle of flaxseed oil gel caps and I want to start taking those because I heard it really helps with dry skin/scalp but the pills are way too big.

Healthb4Length

Mine will be Andrew Lessman's hair, skin, and nails
Silica
Omega 3,6 fish oils
powdered MSM
Centrum complete multi vitamins

ekomba

i will stick to my vitamin regimen after experimenting with GNC ULtra nourishair and ultramega i decided to drop them they are to big you have to take two of each and apparently my body dont assimilate it cause my urine is neon yellow so its a waste. A pill that your body assimilates as you take water should be light. I also left Freeda biotin when it expired and pp works better for me. Now with my new regimen my urine even though yellow becomes clear like water by the end of the day (thank you msm and i only drink water) so i know im using everything my body needs. i finally found what works for my body. i hate popping pills so i stick to what works and aid me in achieving and retaining length, thickness and strength:
1 Solo multivitamin
1 Vitol Hair nails and skin time released
1 Nature's Made Super B complex
1 Freeda Silica
6 Puritan Pride biotin
and i mix Carlson MSM/sulfur powder with my water i drink 2 bottles of water the first in the morning /lunch with 2 scoops (6000mg MSM and 2004mg sulfur) and the second bottle afternoon night 2 scoops for a total of 12,000mg MSM and 4004mg sulfur)

i might add Epo to my regimen but thats it i take everything in the morning with my breakfast so i m rid of the pill popping and its not a lot and the pills are not big so i m stick to these for 1year and after that i may reduce to just multivits and super b complex and msm will see now that i have the right supplement i think i stay on track. i dont use cysteine no more as the main ingredient in it is sulfur and i'm getting a lot of it now in the msm

Victorian

old head
I'm working on a new regimen for 2006 because I'll have run out of my Nature Made vitamins by then (I'm just taking a basic multi and flax seed oil). I like my multi but it's missing a lot of things. I'm trying to build a regimen that is complete but doesn't break the bank and doesn't require me to take a ton of pills. I'm documenting my search in my journal.

esoterica

BlackCardinal said:
I'm working on a new regimen for 2006 because I'll have run out of my Nature Made vitamins by then (I'm just taking a basic multi and flax seed oil). I like my multi but it's missing a lot of things. I'm trying to build a regimen that is complete but doesn't break the bank and doesn't require me to take a ton of pills. I'm documenting my search in my journal.
check out the multi in my original post. its quite comprehensive.

esoterica

BlackCardinal said:
woo! :shocked: That's a little, um, out of my price range right now :lol: Some of those doses seem kinda high, though :ohwell:
sometimes i take 1 scoop a day when i dont get around to taking all 3. in which case it lasts 3 months instead of 1 month.

taraglam2

My vitamin regimen for 2006 will be:

Great Hair by Vitol - 1 per day Monday - Friday
GNC Biotin 600 - 1 per day Saturday and Sunday
Ultra Hair Thick Shake - Once or Twice a week

taraglam2

jadedcynicism said:
I'm thinking of adding Freeda Biotin to my regime as so many people have had great results with it.

I know - I was also thinking of switching from GNC Biotin to Freeda Biotin, a lot of ladies seem to love it.

Healthb4Length

I'm so excited! I just got my Andrew Lessman Hair, Skin & Nails, also order some Calcium Phosphorus, fish oils, Flax oils and my multivitamins. Faster hair growth here I come!:lol:

morehairplease

taraglam2 said:
My vitamin regimen for 2006 will be:

Great Hair by Vitol - 1 per day Monday - Friday
GNC Biotin 600 - 1 per day Saturday and Sunday
Ultra Hair Thick Shake - Once or Twice a week

Is Great hair considered a multi vit? I was planning on taking this and biotin but wondering if I needed to be taking a multi vit along w/it? tia

ekomba

tishee said:
Is Great hair considered a multi vit? I was planning on taking this and biotin but wondering if I needed to be taking a multi vit along w/it? tia

no its considered a hair vitamins when taking any vitamins always had a multi vitamin to get your daily requirements the salesperson at gnc said. multi vitamins can be taken by itself too. Because if you take any hair supplement the benefits go first to your body and what is left go to hair nails skin so u could be shooting yourself in the foot if u lacking some nutrients necessary in your multi vits that contain 100% of your body daily requirements. when looking for a multi vit look at bottle ingredients and percentage and pick the most complete one that gives you adequate iron, vit c,a,d, magnesium,calcium...

cece22

I am taking the current vitamins the first 3 are my core I will try to take these no matter what. The rest are just finishing up what I have and trials or for my seasonal depression and my iron deficiency.

1. Vitamin World Mega Vitamin for Women - 2 pills a day I miss about 3 days a week on a good week.
2. PP Biotin 5mg - 1 a day rain or shine I try not to forget the Biotin my nails have grown nicely.
3. MSM powder 1000mg - 2000mg - a day I bought this when I sprained my knee last week and of course it has good hair value and perks. And my knee is better.
4. Iron 65mg - I am deficient (I take this off and on still not sure if this is why I am tired all the time)
5. Fish Oil 1200mg - I am considering I have a bottle of this this will be for good mental health I suffer Depression especially in the winter and it is good for my hair.
6. 5-HTP 50mg - 2 a day for mood and seasonal depression also controls appetite.
7. B-50 - I have a big bottle of this I need to use up will not take yet. though. Also can be used for seasonal dpression, mood, hair, skin, and nails.

Last edited:

morehairplease

thanks ekomba!

ekomba said:
no its considered a hair vitamins when taking any vitamins always had a multi vitamin to get your daily requirements the salesperson at gnc said. multi vitamins can be taken by itself too. Because if you take any hair supplement the benefits go first to your body and what is left go to hair nails skin so u could be shooting yourself in the foot if u lacking some nutrients necessary in your multi vits that contain 100% of your body daily requirements. when looking for a multi vit look at bottle ingredients and percentage and pick the most complete one that gives you adequate iron, vit c,a,d, magnesium,calcium...

CarLiTa

i need to up my iron. i thought about adding a couple of other things to my supplement regimen but i can't do it... i wanna make this hair care thing as simple as possible, as well as rewarding. I see myself exercising like a maniac and eating tons of fruits rather than swallowing so many pills. I tried before, but I just couldnt do it. I only take a multivitamin now.

if i was to increase it, i'd take:
1. multivitamin
2. iron supplement
3. lecithin or soy supplement