Silica - A new supplement for hair growth and great skin

CottonandCurls

So, I've just bought silica. Its suppose to be good for a whole host of things. My hair is currently in braids and I thought it may be worth trying a new supplement. Sometimes I like to experiment. Its always good as naturalistas to expand our knowledge. I will be taking this until Christmas and well let you guys know if I see any positive physical results. I'm pretty active so I'm hoping it will help my joints. Has anyone taken this supplement? What was your experience? It would be really great if I had some feedback so don't be shy to hit me up with some responses.

http://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/Cotton-and-Curls-a-Natural-Hair-Journey/191472587590680

Hello there!

I will chime in. I've been taking Diamtomaceous Earth which is a supplement tha contains silica for a while now. I don't remember when I started, sometime last year (2010). I've been taking it on and off since then. I started taking it for hair, but have found that it is wonderful for many other things. I've been recently diagnosed with rheumatoid arthritis, and facet syndrome of the lumbar region. I've been taking DE for that and it has worked wonders! I feel no pain when I take this stuff! I've noticed the pain creep back up on my when I don't take it regularly.

Hope this helps! Good luck!

I've been taking Bamboo capsules for the past month. It's probably too early to tell if it's working, but I plan on taking it for at least a year.

CORBINS how long before you noticed pain relief? Do I need to wait a year? You know we are in the age of wanting everything to happen faster.

Nix08 and Msmchy - unfortunately they don't have bamboo silica where I am. I bought a liquid substance and intend to add to my juices and water as per the instructions.

There was someone who said that they mixed with msm and it changed their hair texture. I really don't want that to happen to me as I love my cotton and curls.

Thanks guys.

I have been taking silica for a while.....My nails and my hair both seem to benefit from it. I have always had paper thin nails and they are actually hard now.

Hello there!

I will chime in. I've been taking Diamtomaceous Earth which is a supplement tha contains silica for a while now. I don't remember when I started, sometime last year (2010). I've been taking it on and off since then. I started taking it for hair, but have found that it is wonderful for many other things. I've been recently diagnosed with rheumatoid arthritis, and facet syndrome of the lumbar region. I've been taking DE for that and it has worked wonders! I feel no pain when I take this stuff! I've noticed the pain creep back up on my when I don't take it regularly.

Hope this helps! Good luck!

I ordered the DE from the website you told me about. I'm hoping it'll help me with my joint pain more than anything else.

I've taken silica for a long time. It makes my nails grow like CRAZY. I'd like to think it's making my skin clear and hair grow thicker, faster, stronger, blahblahblah but the most noticeable difference is in my nail strength and growth. My nails used to break off so easily, I wouldn't say they were brittle but they just never used grow without chipping off. Now, it's hard to break them and if I do, I don't worry about it.

Great! It took about 2 weeks for me to notice a difference. I didn't notice it right away, so I'm not sure how long.

:giggle: OP you're too cute with your heading "a NEW supplement".

You remind me of Christopher Columbus being credited for having "discovered" America, the "NEW world" when there were already other people there before him. :giggle:

But I do know what you mean. I feel just as excited when I come across info that's new to me.

i've been taking solaray bamboo silia from vitamin shoppe off and on for years. I've been back to taking 300mg a day for about the last 3-4 months. I've started taking it a long time ago for the healthy hair benefit of thickness and strength, and my hair has been getting thicker over the years imo, but i also take biotin, vit b, fish oil, multi vits and msm (and other vits over the years)... so i dont know who to credit.

Actually, i've been thinking of letting this vit go when i run out in another month to cut back on things (next year, i really just want things to be as simple as possible). If after being off of it for 2-3 months and if everything else in my routine stays the same, i'll be able to really assess if i needed it or not. If so, i'll reinstate it.

My bad, I forgot I was in class...:blush:I was looking out the window trying to think of the quickest method to obtain silica without spending a much moola:grin:

:dead: McQuay30, you literally made me howl with laughter! :lol: I swear you just gave me a flashback of myself in elementary school during History Class. :lachen: :lachen:

Back