A re-discovery....Carol's Daughter Products!

Erica78

Coils coils & more coils!
A re-discovery....Carol\'s Daughter Products!

Hair Milk: I decided to give CD's Hair Milk another chance. I gave it a really bad review back in Feb when I was about 2 months post relaxer. I don't know why...but my relaxed hair absolutely hated this. It just made my hair feel super greasy...and it didn't absorb. I'm transitioning now...and my hair has been feeling a little dry due to the Summer humidity. I decided to pull it out of the fridge and give it another try. I had been using it in my spray bottle mixed watered down with other things...but I wanted to try it alone. My thirsty transitioning hair LOVES it! My curls just bounce (super definition). I did a Bantu Knot out a couple of weeks ago...and the curls were so hydrated and shiny. I have included it back into my regimen.
The only downside of using this product is that when I'm outside...bees are constantly diving for my head.
It smells like flowers (lilies). Ingredients: corn, soy, sweet almond oil, wheat germ oil, water, vegetable emulsifying wax, cocoa butter, shea butter, Vitamin C, lemongrass oil. For those of you that have never tried this before...it is creamy like a hair lotion...and a little of it goes a long way.

Hair Balm: I felt like trying something new...so I thought I would purchase a bottle of this. It really doesn't do anything that the hair milk doesn't already do. In fact...it has most of the same ingredients that the hair milk has. If you are using the hair milk....and you were thinking of trying the hair balm...save your money.
It's very moisturizing...it's kind of thick...and you only need a little of this product to get good results.Now...on to the smell. The description of the fragrance in the catalog says "and the smell...that's just the icing on the cake". To me...the fragrance is a little over powering. It has a the smell of musk (like mens cologne )....and it doesn't wear off until you wash again. I don't smell the Fragrances of honey, brown sugar, Gardenia or hazelnut anywhere in it. I was hoping it had a fruity smell like Kizzy. Ingredients corn oil, almond oil, wheat germ oil, shea butter, beeswax.

Kizzy: I heard good things about this on here...so I thought I would try it out. I have a lot of fly-aways...and I needed something to smooth them out. Ingredients: castor oil, corn oil, olive oil, beeswax, shea butter, cocoa butter, toasted palm kern oil, with the fragrances of peach, apple and pear. It mostly smells like peaches though (yummy). It's a very pleasant smell. Not over powering at all.The hold that it gives is pretty good. It's not as good as other waxes though...but I still love it. The shine it gives can be blinding
. You don't really need to use a lot of it either. I also use this on my ends along with the hair milk. My ends are looking pretty good now a days...

Neroli

Re: A re-discovery....Carol\'s Daughter Products!

So these CD products good for texturized and naturals, but may not be the thing if trying wear a straght style?

H

honey_jammz82

I just re-discovered hair milk as well. I have been using it all week on my natural hair and I have gotten many compliments. This lady ran me down in the Wal-Mart parking lot and asked me what I used. It does not weigh my hair down like gel, it gives me soo much bounce and moisture. I never wear my hair down curly, but now I can. I took pics and will post them soon, but yes, hair milk is da bomb!

H

honey_jammz82

Actually, I just checked and I thought you could search for locations, but I guess you can not.

calbear

They used to have the store locator on the site - that's how I found a store three blocks from me. They must have taken it down.

Edited to say: It's still there - go to'Customer Service' at the bottom of the home page then click on 'Retail Locations'

RushGirl

#1 PARTY GIRL

[ QUOTE ]
hairlove said:
I do love Hair Milk but the cost keeps me away.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hey Hairlove..don't you have a recipe that's like the Hair Milk or was that for the HHB??

I can't wait to try your recipes some day...

Erica78

Neroli,

I remember reading in an older post that there were a few relaxed heads here that used the hair milk...and had good results with it. It just didn't do anything for mine when I relaxed. IMO the hair milk works wonders for me as a transitioner.

I agree hairlove...the price is a bit much...especially with their Fed Ex shipping charges. It would be nice if they had a huge sale or something.

RushGirl

#1 PARTY GIRL

[ QUOTE ]
erica78 said:
Neroli,

I remember reading in an older post that there were a few relaxed heads here that used the hair milk...and had good results with it. It just didn't do anything for mine when I relaxed. IMO the hair milk works wonders for me as a transitioner.

I agree hairlove...the price is a bit much...especially with their Fed Ex shipping charges. It would be nice if they had a huge sale or something.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think I got an email saying that they were having a 30% off sale.. It might have passed or it could be this weekend..I don't remember..sorry..

Carlie

I've been wanting to try the CD Hair Milk for a while now...just never got around to it.

Erica78

[ QUOTE ]
RushGirl said:

I think I got an email saying that they were having a 30% off sale.. It might have passed or it could be this weekend..I don't remember..sorry..

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks Rush Girl! I just checked out their site. They have a few discounts...but unfortunately...none of the hair products are on sale. I also checked on her prices...and they are higher on the net than in the print catalog. It looks like most of her products in the larger sizes are slowly creeping up towards $20....