A wifes prayer or (future wife):)

Precious_1

A wife’s Prayer

Father, I thank you in the Name of Jesus that I am growing in the Lord. I am increasing in wisdom and I have favor with you and Man today. I thank you that you will help me to be a good wife for my husband. Father I fully realize that I do not have what it takes to be a good wife without your help. I thank you that you take my selfishness, impatience, and irritability and turn them into kindness, long suffering and willingness to bear all things. I would like to have the fruit of the spirit dwell inside me. Take my reactions, rude assumptions, and self protective stance and make me patient, kind, good, faithful, gentle and self controlled. Take the hardness of my heart and break down the walls with your battering ram of revelation. God each day give me a new heart, and work in me love, peace, and joy. Lord, make me a woman my husband will be glad to come home to. Lord show me the times when I am being unloving, critical, angry, resentful, disrespectful, and unforgiving towards my husband. Help me to put aside any hurt, anger, or disappointment I feel and forgive the way you do, TOTALLY AND COMPLETELY no looking back. Father make me a tool of reconciliation, peace and healing in this marriage. Lord enable us to communicate well and rescue us from the threshold of separation. Let us always remember we are one.
Lord I thank you that you have made me my husbands Helpmate, companion, champion, friend, and support. I thank you that our home is created to be a peaceful, restful and safe place for us to come home to. Teach me to take care of myself and stay attractive for him. Lord I thank you that you are growing me into a creative and confident woman who is rich in mind, soul and spirit. Make me the kind of woman my husband can be proud to say I am his wife.

Lord I thank you that you teach me how to pray for him and make my prayers a true language of love. Where love has died create new love between us. Show me what UNCONDITIONAL love really is and how to communicate it in a way that my husband can truly perceive it. Bring unity between us so that we can be in agreement about everything. I pray that our commitment to you and each other will grow stronger and more passionate everyday. Enable my husband to be the Head of the home as you made him to be, and show me how to support and respect him as he rises to the place of leadership. Help me to understand his dreams and see things from his perspective. Help my husband to tell me what he wants and needs and father reveal to me any potential problems before they arise. Lord breathe your life into this marriage, make me a new person, and give me a fresh perspective, a positive outlook and a renewed relationship with the man you have given me. Help me to see my husband with new eyes, new appreciation, new love, new compassion and acceptance. Father these things I ask and confess in Jesus’ name. AMEN.

Last edited:

Precious_1

Well ladies, I am not married yet, but someone sent me this confession on an email and I tweaked it and changed some things around in it to better suit me, I wanted to post it here in hopes it may bless someone. I just say my husband or my future husband, but for those who are married you can just replace that with your husbands name. I printed this out and confess it everyday. God says call things that are not as though they were, so thats exactly what i am doing with this prayer :)

Nice & Wavy

A wife’s Prayer

Father, I thank you in the Name of Jesus that I am growing in the Lord. I am increasing in wisdom and I have favor with you and Man today. I thank you that you will help me to be a good wife for my husband. Father I fully realize that I do not have what it takes to be a good wife without your help. I thank you that you take my selfishness, impatience, and irritability and turn them into kindness, long suffering and willingness to bear all things. I would like to have the fruit of the spirit dwell inside me. Take my reactions, rude assumptions, and self protective stance and make me patient, kind, good, faithful, gentle and self controlled. Take the hardness of my heart and break down the walls with your battering ram of revelation. God each day give me a new heart, and work in me love, peace, and joy. Lord, make me a woman my husband will be glad to come home to. Lord show me the times when I am being unloving, critical, angry, resentful, disrespectful, and unforgiving towards my husband. Help me to put aside any hurt, anger, or disappointment I feel and forgive the way you do, TOTALLY AND COMPLETELY no looking back. Father make me a tool of reconciliation, peace and healing in this marriage. Lord enables us to communicate well and rescue us from the threshold of separation. Let us always remember we are one.
Lord I thank you that you have made me my husbands Helpmate, companion, champion, friend, and support. I thank you that our home is created to be a peaceful, restful and safe place for us to come home to. Teach me to take care of myself and stay attractive for him. Lord I thank you that you are growing me into a creative and confident woman who is rich in mind, soul and spirit. Make me the kind of woman my husband can be proud to say I am his wife.

Lord I thank you that you teach me how to pray for him and make my prayers a true language of love. Where love has died create new love between us. Show me what UNCONDITIONAL love really is and how to communicate it in a way that my husband can truly perceive it. Bring unity between us so that we can be in agreement about everything. I pray that our commitment to you and each other will grow stronger and more passionate everyday. Enable my husband to be the Head of the home as you made him to be, and show me how to support and respect him as he rises to the place of leadership. Help me to understand his dreams and see things from his perspective. Help my husband to tell me what he wants and needs and father reveal to me any potential problems before they arise. Lord breathe you life into this marriage, make me a new person, and give me a fresh perspective, a positive outlook and a renewed relationship with the man you have given me. Help me to see my husband with new eyes, new appreciation, new love, new compassion and acceptance. Father these things I ask and confess in Jesus’ name. AMEN.

I am so happy you are here in the Christianity Forum, Precious. :yep:

This prayer is awesome. I am printing this out right now for the wives in my Marriage Group, and for myself.

Thank you, thank you so much for bringing this great prayer here.

Nice & Wavy

Well ladies, I am not married yet, but someone sent me this confession on an email and I tweaked it and changed some things around in it to better suit me, I wanted to post it here in hopes it may bless someone. I just say my husband or my future husband, but for those who are married you can just replace that with your husbands name. I printed this out and confess it everyday. God says call things that are not as though they were, so thats exactly what i am doing with this prayer :)

And when it's time for you to get married, you would have already set the course of your marriage, by speaking those things which be not as they already are.

You are a wise woman, Precious!

Precious_1

And when it's time for you to get married, you would have already set the course of your marriage, by speaking those things which be not as they already are.

You are a wise woman, Precious!
Thank you sooo much Nice & Wavy!!! your post made me feel so good, yes, i am already trying to make preparations for when the time comes. I am so glad you are going to be printing it and giving it out. I really was hoping it would bless someone :)

Lissa0821

This confession is awesome, I printed it out for myself. My hubby to be is a blessed man to have a praying wife like me.:grin:

Amberlina

This is right on time for me...Thank You!!!! I am getting married soon, and my cousin is getting married April 5th. I will be going somewhere to have these beautiful words printed and framed for her. Again, thanks for sharing! :grin:

Precious_1

This is right on time for me...Thank You!!!! I am getting married soon, and my cousin is getting married April 5th. I will be going somewhere to have these beautiful words printed and framed for her. Again, thanks for sharing! :grin:

Wow, that is such a beautiful gesture on your part...she is so lucky and blessed to have you as her cousin. I am glad you all are still being blessed by the prayer :yep:

I love this prayer and really appreciate you posting it.

I was just thinking about these things for the past few days and really couldn't find a way to release or articulate my feelings. But this prayer is the epitome of how I feel and would like to prepare myself for my future husband...

Precious_1

I love this prayer and really appreciate you posting it.

I was just thinking about these things for the past few days and really couldn't find a way to release or articulate my feelings. But this prayer is the epitome of how I feel and would like to prepare myself for my future husband...

I am glad you liked it, I am so happy everyone is enjoying the prayer and is being blessed. I still try to pray this everyday, sometimes i will forget but I will just pick right back up when I remember. For me it just summed up everything I want in a marriage and my future husband:yep: :)