Aaaarggggh!

ComfortablyNumb

I ordered a relaxer, acidifying shampoo and conditioner from Elucence last Thursday. I figured it would be here either yesterday or today so I washed it on Sunday and blowdried it (my hair is natural so this would make it easier to part while relaxing) put it in a fat plait and left it alone in preparation for getting a relaxer today. Well today my package comes in the mail and I'm estatic! SO I tear open the box and there is the relaxer, there is the conditioner but NO moisture acidifying shampoo so I can neutralize!!!
I emailed the company and they are going to ship my shampoo out today but my question is what the heck am I going to do until then?!?!?! My head itches like crazy and I don't want to wash it because I'll feel compelled to blowdry it again. In order to leave my hair alone the days before the relaxer I have been completely bumming it at work. I have been wearing a scarf to work and because my head look a mess I don't feel like putting on decent clothes (besides, they would have to match my scarf) so I've worn jeans the last few days and I'm sure my boss and others around here think there is something wrong with me. I'm really trying to slap this relaxer in my hair before someone comes to me about adhering to dress code! So what can I do for tomorrow and Friday with my head that won't irritate my scalp and will keep me from looking like a bum?

aqualung

I ordered Curl free from 2 different companies online only to find out that they don't actually have it in stock. They cancelled my orders. Why's the item on the product list if it's not in stock?

I'd wear the scarf as a head band with the back of the natural hair out/down in a puff. Well, the hair style will have waves from the braid worn Tues and Wed. The look is kinda ethnic. You can match the scarf to your blouse and slacks. Is that dressed up enough for the dress code?

ComfortablyNumb

Yeah that's dressed up enough, prob is I only have four scarves in really weird colors. The one I have on now is different color blue polka dots, another that is pink and purple (matches NOTHING
), silvery gray and black one thta I have nothing to match and another gray and tan and black one which I usually can find stuff to match easy except for the fact that I've been wearing my tan shirts
I am going to attemto to look decent tomorrow and Friday but its gonna be hard!

nita4

Why not just purchase a neutralizing shampoo at the BSS and relax your hair?? Then when your shampoo comes in - you can neutralize again later - usually 3 days to a week after your relaxer and deep condition.

Cleo

The supermarket should carry neutralizer as well. You can also pick some up at Walmart, Kmart, Walgreens, etc.

ComfortablyNumb

I live in the middle of nowhere! And I have no car! And my boyfriend, my only source of transportation works from 2-11! Walmart here doesn't have the neutralizing shampoo, I just checked. I think it's because this town is majority lily white. Walmart carries very few black hair care items! Oh yeah, we don't have Kmart, Walgreens, etc. All we have is Walmart!!!!!

ThursdayGirl

Is there a Meijer (ours has a salon and sells salon as well as other hair care products) ? or a JC Penny? They may sell it... or Trade Secrets?

ComfortablyNumb

Nope...I literally live in the middle of nowhere as in we only have a Walmart, a couple of gas stations, and fast food nearby. Ohhhhhhhh, why do they hate me so?!?!