Roux Porosity Control & Relaxer!!!!

MzKenya

Ok i accidently picked up some Roux PC shampoo instead of conditioner :look:. I know u can use the conditioner in alot of ways before and after the relaxer process but can't the shampoo be used in the relaxer process also? Im getting a relaxer today and I just want to make sure I wont do anything to make my hair fall out :perplexed.

Ok i accidently picked up some Roux PC shampoo instead of conditioner :look:. I know u can use the conditioner in alot of ways before and after the relaxer process but can't the shampoo be used in the relaxer process also? Im getting a relaxer today and I just want to make sure I wont do anything to make my hair fall out :perplexed.

I'm really not sure about the Shampoo? I know it's not a neutralizing shampoo, but is it an Acidifying Shampoo?

Did you read the Directions? My Bottle is not close-by.:look:

I do use an Acidifying Shampoo after neutralizing (Elucence which says to be used after the Chemical Process), not sure if Roux 'Poo is the same type of Shampoo? What does it say?

Sorry I couldn't help.:sad:

It says:

Shampoo: Step 2 in the triple Protection Haircare System. Controls Perm, Color and Relaxer Results. Use After Chemical Services. Cleanses Without Stripping Natural Oils, conditions where Hair Needs It Most. Detangles and Moisturize.

-Delivers maximum conditoining to damaged or porous areas
- Moisturizes and adds new elasticity, body and shine
-Helps colored or permed hair stay fresh, lustous and vibrant.

Directions: Apply to wet hair. Work into a richlather. Massage well, then rinse and repeat. Follow with Roux Porosity Control Conditioner. If additional conditioning is required , use Extreme Pak on a weekly basis for intense conditioning.

*HERE'S THE PROCEDURE I WAS GOING TO DO: RINSE RELAXER OUT OF HAIR FOR 5 MIN. THEN APPLY APHOGEE KERATIN 2 MIN RECONSTRUCTOR FOR 2-5 MIN. NEUTRALIZE TWICE, WITH THE LAST WASH STAYIN ON THE HAIR FOR LIKE 5-10 MIN. THEN USE MOISTURIZING SHAMPOO. THEN USE ROUX POROSITY CONTROL SHAMPOO TO LOWER PH. AND LAST USE THE CONDITIONER.*

-does that sound safe to do???

That shampoo is not designed for that purpose. Using that shampoo after relaxing will not neutralize your hair enough. You need a shampoo that specifically says neutralizing. Its a great moisturizing poo though, use it for regular wash days.

yea i know it wasnt meant for relaxers but i heard of good reviews when ppl used it to rinse hair right after neutralizing and right before conditioning...but im just thinking about taking this shampoo back and getting the conditioner.

You said neutralize and then use the porosity shampoo, so I think that will work. Just make sure you use a neutralizing shampoo first, two or three times, to be safe, and then the porosity control shampoo. I think you will be fine.:drunk::drunk:

Sounds ok to me. I do the same except I use French Perm stabalizer plus in place of roux porosity control.

Sent from my T-Mobile myTouch 3G Slide using Long Hair Care Forum App

Back