? about Indigo-henna girls, I need some help

Lucia

Ok here's the thing I want to get my hair a brown/black colur maybe even Raven coloured but I've done 2 henna-indigo treamtments and I'ts just dark brown. Any suggestions on how I can get my hair darker? should I keep on doing indigo treaments and just give it some time?
I really don't want to use any hair dye, but I'm considering Bigen brown-black if the henna doesn't get my hair dark enough. TIA

Last edited:
Lucia said:
Ok here's the thing I want to get my hair a brown/black colur maybe even Raven coloured but I've dont 2 henna-indigo treamtments and I'ts just dark brown. Any suggestions on how I can get my hair darker? should I keep on doing indigo treaments and just give it some time?
I really don't want to use any hair dye, but I'm considering Bigen brown-black if the henna doesn't get my hair dark enough. TIA

How are you mixing the henna/indigo? What color was you hair originally?
I did a 50/50 mix and got dark brown with a hint of red in the light......I did a 1/3 henna & 2/3 indigo on my mother's hair & her's turned out even darker. From what I understand the effects are cumulative, so it should darken with each treatment.....if you want black hair then henna first, rinse, then apply the indigo. HTH :)

ETA: You could also skip the henna & just apply the indigo to get it jet black....but beware: it is permanent.

Last edited:
amr501 said:
How are you mixing the henna/indigo? What color was you hair originally?
I did a 50/50 mix and got dark brown with a hint of red in the light......I did a 1/3 henna & 2/3 indigo on my mother's hair & her's turned out even darker. From what I understand the effects are cumulative, so it should darken with each treatment.....if you want black hair then henna first, rinse, then apply the indigo. HTH :)

ETA: You could also skip the henna & just apply the indigo to get it jet black....but beware: it is permanent.

Thanks amr,
I used 40 henna and 60 indigo about I'm not too exact. My hair is golden med-dark brown when I started. I mixed it with Red singer tea so I could get a dark red glow in the light. Next treatment I'll do henna then indigo, or just straight indigo we'll see. Should I still use Red zinger tea in the mix?

This is the henna I used:
http://www.naturalgrocers.com/077014100088.html

I picked it up locally at one of our health food stores. My hair is much darker. I wouldnt say it is totally black, in the light I can see the difference, but when I had a black clip and ponytail holder in my hair I couldnt tell it apart from my hair. I mixed it with hot cofeee, honey, olive oil and various spices.

Enchantmt said:
This is the henna I used:
http://www.naturalgrocers.com/077014100088.html

I picked it up locally at one of our health food stores. My hair is much darker. I wouldnt say it is totally black, in the light I can see the difference, but when I had a black clip and ponytail holder in my hair I couldnt tell it apart from my hair. I mixed it with hot cofeee, honey, olive oil and various spices.
thanksI've seen those but I don't quite trust the quality of their henna.

Lucia said:
thanksI've seen those but I don't quite trust the quality of their henna.

They've been around for YEARS. At least 20. I used to use red henna a long time ago and they have always been in the healthfood stores. According to their site and the box it is 100% natural, no chemicals and the instructions state that you can use it after other chemical treatments if used with care. If it were compound henna I dont think they would state that.

ETA: I got their site for you. They have been around since the 80's. If you scroll all the way down they have info on everything in the kits, as well as instructions.

http://www.lotuspress.com/ltmtn.htm

Lucia said:
Thanks amr,
I used 40 henna and 60 indigo about I'm not too exact. My hair is golden med-dark brown when I started. I mixed it with Red singer tea so I could get a dark red glow in the light. Next treatment I'll do henna then indigo, or just straight indigo we'll see. Should I still use Red zinger tea in the mix?

I don't think it would hurt to use the tea......I used brewed black coffee in my mix to help the die release & push it more towards a dark brown color. :)

Back