AbraKadabra 6 month sew-in. Tighten without take down

GraceJones

Has anyone heard about this sew-in method? The idea is that you do not take your sew-in out for 6 months, only getting tightening on the 3-month mark. It seems interesting as a protective style. You would also have to go to them to take your hair down after 6 months.

I was thinking about getting it but it does seem as though they nickel and dime you. It would cost additional money to get styling after the installation.

https://www.instagram.com/reel/Cyqp...eb_button_share_sheet&igshid=MzRlODBiNWFlZA==

I wanted to get this sort of style done with the installation, but idk if it would suit me. I have seborrheic dermatitis and would like to be able to apply wash my scalp thoroughly and apply medications. But at the same time, I am a very slow grower so I would enjoy the low manipulation in order to obtain as much growth as possible.

Usually, I would just wear cornrows underneath a wig and take it off when I was ready to access my scalp. I wash and DC with cornrows about once a week. I would usually have to take the braids out after a month or so because the braids would loosen and create height underneath the wig and the style would no longer look nice. This is very noticeable on straight hair, but maybe since this is natural hair, the height underneath the wig wouldn't matter so much? I plan on using a tighter curl than what Kelly has. I would want a curl pattern that matches my 4b texture.

Last edited:

Kitamita

I was curious about this method as well. I am trying to grow out my hair due to a bleach highlight that damaged my hair. I have good new growth but the line of the two textures/thicknesses is obvious :confused:.

I think the style you showed would make it easier to hide new growth volume well. It's cute too.

Napturallypretty1908

Do you know what hair you would use for the install? I've done Kinky curly sew-ins but haven't had a bundles that weren't a hassle to maintain. With all of the detangling and hair loss overtime, I'm not sure how well it will hold up over 6 months. I also second the concerns about hair matting over the time period.