Sew in vs. Lacefront............

amazin9

I need some advice. I cut my hair short a few months months ago, and now I am tired of it!!!!! I am going to get a lacefront wig or a sew in, but I am not sure which would be better for my hair for the long term. How long can I wear either of these styles? How can I protect my hair underneath a wig? How can I wash a sew in weave? I know I have a lot of questions, but any help would be greatly appreciated!!!.......Thanks

nomoweavesfome

Hey Amazin. Being a former weave addict I'm kind of partial to wigs. I belive not only in the long run it's more cost effective because it can last yu for ever, but you can simply wear and take off when you please. I am my self a wig wearer doing protective styiling. How long is your hair now?

Mine is still short, so my baggied pony is very small and I get away with wearing a short wig with it being undetecable. This works for me quite well. I would love to get a lacefront personally. Where are you getting yours from?

see my method:

http://www.picturetrail.com/nomoweavesfome

slender1

Hi,

How long can you wear either style? Lace front depends on what type of adhesive is used. I would suggest you get a lace front but also get a regular wig for days you dont feel like using the lace front or you know you want to get up and go, leave it on the door knob before going to sleep.

How can you protect your hair underneath? I use Scurl (daily, I have dry hair) then 2-3x a week I apply MTG or WGHO. Concentrate on the ends also I part my hair down the middle and put two braids and tuck them underneath. I also wash and DC weekly, Emergencee every 2 weeks.

How can you wash a sew in? I wouldnt suggest a sew in its not cost effective and trust me you will get tired of it.

ONE GREAT SITE FOR LF wigs, also decent prices is www.allaboutmyhair.com

Hope this helps and sorry I dont have pics right now. If you need anymore help hit me.

amazin9

Thank you both for your responses. I have very short hair right now. It can not be put in a ponytail as of yet. Check out this website for lacefronts. This is where I was planning to get one from.

www.mylacefrontwig.com

nomoweavesfome

anatomicallycorrect said:
I would not order from that site. People have had problems with them.

for real - yea - they want 1500.00 for their joint and I've seen some websites that look like they sell better ones for like 1/3 of that price. I'm sorry but I will stay at the local BSS and buy my 90.00 human hair wig with the plastic scalp before i break off 1500.00 for some hair. That is down payment for an investment property. I'm sorry.

angellazette

I've worn both. Lately I've been into lacefronts. Sew ins never did anything good for my hair, I prefer lacefronts in terms of taking care of my hair. If there's anything else you'd like to know, shoot me a PM. Take care.

slender1

Amazin,

If your looking for a fool proof way I say lace fronts but alternate between that and the 29.99 wig. If you go to that site I told u about select ready made lace fronts they have some that are like $400. The quality is great. PM me your email address and Ill send pics if you'd like.

I wish you the best transition. Right now Im 14 weeks post relaxer but I look great everyday.

Good Luck

shiningstar84

You can order one from China for around $200. However the wig you receive may or may not be worth it. It's truly a gamble. You just have to pray. Seriously. Prayer is powerful.:p If you don't want to order from China, there's a reputable seller on ebay. Though she's not taking orders right now. She charges $400 now, but when she will be getting a website soon. When her website comes up, her prices will rise. I've heard about that site that was mentioned earlier in the thread. I dont believe I read anything negative about them, but $400 is a lot of money. Good luck. IMHO lacefronts are the ultimate protective style. Maybe one day I'll be able to afford one.:lol:

You can visit the BHM lacefront forum for more info on Lace wigs.

Hey, nomoweaves, did you make the wig that you are wearing in your fotki?

nomoweavesfome said:
for real - yea - they want 1500.00 for their
joint and I've seen some websites that look like they sell better ones for like 1/3 of that price. I'm sorry but I will stay at the local BSS and buy my 90.00 human hair wig with the plastic scalp before i break off 1500.00 for some hair. That is down payment for an investment property. I'm sorry.