Acidifying conditioners: Porosity Control vs. ACV Rinse vs. Detangling shampoos

I'm a little confused on this and wondering if anybody knows...but okay so my hair was really dry, even after deep conditioning and so I tried Porosity Control and nothing changed.

I've done Porosity Control before and it worked pretty well but not this time. Hair was still dry and tangly

Also in the past I've used an ACV rinse and it was great and than another time I did it and it just left my hair feeling just as dry and tangly as it was before.

Soo...I was reading somewhere on the net where someone said that a REALLY important part of the hair care regimen is to use an acidifying conditioner of 3.5 PH and below EVERY time you wash. They gave some examples and one of them is Paul Mitchell The Degangler.

So I used that today and sure enough my hair was much better...Although I still need to do a deep condition again, cuz hair is still try, but the look and feeling of all my cuticles being raised was gone (I guess the 3.5 acidity is suppossed to help this).

So does anyone use an acidifying conditioner every time they wash? or just once in a while? And then I wonder if the Porosity Control didn't work b/c the PH was too high at 4.5?

It seems that all these the Porosity Control, ACV Rinse, and the Detangling shampoo are all the same in away?

Just wondering what people know/think about this.

Thanks!

NeeSee

I use Nexxus Ensure. I love it. It is a detangler and an acidifier. It has the ph of 3.0,What conditioner do you use?

I wash 1x with Nexxus Therapee, deep condition with Humectress, and then use Ensure as a final step. The direction say 3 min, I believe but I leave it on for about 15 or 20 and these steps work great on my hair. Hope that was helpful.

LuvLiLocks

I use Porosity Control 4.5, but only when I feel my hair needs it and it works great when I do. I guess I should get on a regular schedule :ohwell:

Crystalicequeen123

Adrian said:
I use Nexxus Ensure. I love it. It is a detangler and an acidifier. It has the ph of 3.0,What conditioner do you use?

I wash 1x with Nexxus Therapee, deep condition with Humectress, and then use Ensure as a final step. The direction say 3 min, I believe but I leave it on for about 15 or 20 and these steps work great on my hair. Hope that was helpful.

I use Nexxus Ensure, and I love it too! :D If I ever want instant detangling, I can count on Nexxus Ensure! It even detangles better than Humectress IMO. I think Humectress is more of a moisturizing conditioner rather than a "detangling" conditioner.

I haven't tried Paul Mitchell's the "Detangler" yet, but I think that is next on my list to try.

NeeSee

Crystalicequeen123 said:
I use Nexxus Ensure, and I love it too! :D If I ever want instant detangling, I can count on Nexxus Ensure! It even detangles better than Humectress IMO. I think Humectress is more of a moisturizing conditioner rather than a "detangling" conditioner.

I haven't tried Paul Mitchell's the "Detangler" yet, but I think that is next on my list to try.

I'm a Nexxus junkie. After trying just about everything; it is the only thing that works for me.

Arcadian

I also use Nexxus Ensure. I use it mainly after working out because I sweat so much its just a necessity It does help with detangling lots.

I don't have a problem with porosity control except its not exactly great smelling:ohwell: (I've always thought it smelled kinda like mothballs)

I'm more apt to use ACV as a clarifier, though I'll sometimes use it as a rinse when I want some extra bling.

I also use an acidfier when I relax. Granted, I use a no lye relaxer but I get very good results using one in between rinsing out the relaxer and before shampooing. I also think this is what helps my hair to not be so dry.

-A

Faith

Man, everybody is in my head today...lol.

I was JUST thinking about this last night. I have the Ensure plus a porosity conditioner PLUS I do ACV rinses. I'm thinking it's all the same thing. I know Ensure smooths the cuticle and protects the cortex...well so does my porosity conditioner (Vitale...it's GREAT). And I know the AVC rinse closes/smooths the cuticle so what is the difference? Only difference I'm seeing is cost.

Lovelylocs

How do u know what the ph level of your conditioner is? The conditioners that work for me are super moisturizing like Elasta QP and Aveda Sap moss conditioners. Maybe it is just the whole closing the cuticle thing that my hair loves. Also, what kind of ph level would a deep conditioner have, a level of 1 or 2? :confused: