Advice I got from an Indian lady, not sure about it?

Eiano

Yes, I've heard of the mustard oil thing many times. It's suppose to be really good for the hair. I came really close to ordering some the other day, but when I heard about the smell, I removed it from my cart :ohwell: I just can't be bothered with stinky products :nono:

Please... you better stop!
You don't need any tricks with that head of hair!!! ;)

Mestiza

Never heard of the mustard oil. My friend, Vineeta who is Indian, soaks her head in coconut oil every night and washes it out in the morning. She said that's and "indian thang".

Here's her hair and it's beautiful- she's the one in the blue/green shirt :)

Her hair is gorgeous! :love:

VeryBecoming

Devil's Avocado
I was in my local Indian store buying more shikakai and amla powder and the Indian girl who was checking me out suggested that I use mustard oil and coconut oil mixed as kinda of a prepoo for 30 minutes to an hour. Then wash it out with a shampoo called BioAmla. She said the mustard and coconut oils would stop shedding, make my hair stronger, and longer. My question is have any of you heard this or tried it?

Sweet, another member from Fort Worth! I was starting to think I'm the only one.

Was this the store on Trail Lake? Did they have all of the oils and shampoos there? I've never looked for mustard or coconut oil there.

mochamadness

Going the Distance
Please... you better stop!
You don't need any tricks with that head of hair!!! ;)
:blush: Thanks! I hear that the oil is nourishing and cooling to the scalp, I sometimes suffer from the dry and itchy scalp spell so I figured it might help. But I'm just gonna have to stick with my amla and brahmi oils.

net4721

Sweet, another member from Fort Worth! I was starting to think I'm the only one.

Was this the store on Trail Lake? Did they have all of the oils and shampoos there? I've never looked for mustard or coconut oil there.

Yes it was the Trail Lake store and no they didn't have all the oils. I found a couple of other Indian stores online in Arlington, so I think I may venture out to Arlington soon. I am also glad to see another member from Fort Worth.