I Got the Hook Up From an Indian Lady!!!!

metamorfhosis

I melted about a tablespoon of coconut oil in a pot, let it cool, and then applied it to my scalp and hair. My hair was nice and shiny. Do you ladies melt the coconut oil before applying?

Empress Yahudah

Yes it is said that Coconut oil aids in hair growth.
But its best to use good quality Virgin Coconut oil that way all the nutrients are conserved.
It has anti-fungal properties and studies show anti-fungal increase hair growth

msjones

Never say that Bre-there always exists room for stranger and crazier things:grin: Can you imagine that job posting?

a lot of people in India have house servants. Its not like here where its rare to find an average middle class household with a cleaning lady. Some of my parents friends were US Ambassadors in India, and they had a maid, a cook and a driver and their salary wasn't anything greater than $40,000-$60,000 USD/year.

angellazette

One of my managers is Indian...I really want to ask her what she does to her hair but I'm a little hesitant :look: She has hair down to her butt...she wears it in a bun daily though.

kandegirl

My stepmom started using coconut oil a few months ago and my dad was saying her hair was really improving. I can see that its growing. But I can't get her to keep it up for nothing b/c she would have a head full of hair like she used to.

angellazette

Ok I asked my manager about her hair. She doesn't put anything in it, no oils or anything. Just shampoo and conditioner daily with Garnier. She said her hair used to be to her knees.

SleekandBouncy

Well, when you have a head full of hair and all of your cohorts do too (the entire East Asian race), you don't feel as "threatened" when members of another race ask you questions.

Coconut oil, huh? Odd... I use CO and my hair hasn't grown at any SPECTACULAR rate.

:lachen: Tis true. Some chicks act like they are giving away classified secrets. It's so silly to me because so what if another chick grows her hair. If that's the only thing I have going for myself then I just need to sit in a closet some where and make sure I don't hang around Indians and Latinas, cuz' long hair is a dime a dozen around them.

aja1121

They have a very holistic approach to using coconut oil. My best friend's mom is from Pakistan and she said her grandmother use to pour coconut oil in a bowl and she would put her head back and soak it in the bowl for hours out in the hot sun. She would then rinse it and put back into a bun. She didn't mention how she cleansed, but said it was grueling. They also do not condition afterwards.

Rae1234

East Indians are big fans of coconut oil. they are very helpful with telling you what products they use in their hair! but don't be surprised to find that some of them use just normal shampoo and conditioner but no heat.

Fine 4s

Did the price of Unrefined, Organic Virgin Coconut Oil increase? Particularly for the Spectrum brand. I just paid ten bones for that stuff!

I'm going to try oil rinsing with it tonight, chunky twist and bun it up!

Endlesslegs

I believe that, Ive been sleeping on cocunut oil when its been in my face all this time. My grandma had the most beautiful mbl 3b/3c hair (full african no mix) and she did NOTHING to her hair but use coconut oil. she use it for everything, her skin was always so supple and I never ever saw her with any sort of lotion but pure coconut oil..ever. she died at 73 with the softest most beautiful skin ever, even my mum couldnt beat her skin R.I.P