Indian Products question.

drjo91

I been using ayurdevic products since december 07 when i saw Candyc's first indian product post. I have used shikakai oil, amla oil, shikakai powder and amla powder. However, my sister ordered 4 boxes of henna, 2 boxes of shikakai powder, 2 boxes of amla powder, 1 bottle of amla oil, 1 bottle of shikakai oil, 1 bottle of vatika oil, 1 bottle of 100% pure coconut oil. My question is how can i incorporate the vatika oil and coconut oil into my regimen. I use the shikakai oil for my scalp, the amla oil for the hair. I then rinse for 10 minutes and then apply the mixture of amla and shikakai powder. Also, i am currently spraying surge 14 on my scalp and after a few days, i already have some new growth. So ladies can you please help me incorporate those two new oils into my ayurdevic regime.

Last edited:

lisana

I use the vatika oil as a sealant. Also, I think I may start massaging it into my head as part of my prepoo. i use the coconut oil the same way. I also use coconut oil for oil rinsing and you can use the vatika for oil rinsing as well.

drjo91

Can you explain what is a sealent and oil rinse, although i have heard of it, i don't clearly understand it.

almondjoi85

Isn't the vatika oil just enriched coconut oil? I wouldn't try to use both. I was using plain coconut oil to do my scalp massages and to keep my ends healthy, but now I switched over the the vatika instead of the coconut oil.

drjo91

Yes it is but my sister ordered and she didn't know. I told her later on that vatika oil is coconut oil. I guess we will use the vatika oil and wait till it finishes.

MissMasala5

Hey Drjo91! Vatika has all sort of goodies infused in it for the scalp and hair. I added it to my oil prepoo, my DC, and I use it on my hair to seal moisture or add a shine boost. I have coconut oil as well, but I use it mostly in my skin lotions, and I am eating it w/food daily as part of BHM's coconut oil challenge. If I didn't have vatika, I'd use it in pretty much the same way as the vatika.

KaramelDiva1978

I love Vatika and Parachute Coconut Oil!! Vatika has coconut oil, lemon oil, and amla in it. The smell is is kinda sweet and little sour, but it also has henna and some brahmi listed in ingredients on the back. I interchange between the both of them. So far so good!

Creatividual

Isn't the vatika oil just enriched coconut oil? I wouldn't try to use both. I was using plain coconut oil to do my scalp massages and to keep my ends healthy, but now I switched over the the vatika instead of the coconut oil.

Yuppers. You hit the nail right on the head. I use vatika oil as well. I love it. I seal with it, oil rinse with it, and rollerset with it. Great product.:grin:

Wildchild453

When I hit waist I stop
You can prepoo with the vatika or coconut oil
You can do an oil rinse
You can seal after you moisturize