Advice on styling

Prim13

I am really serious about growing my hair out. I went to the hairdresser on 2 July 04 so I could get a kick-off cut for my relaxed hair. (4a/4/b) Surprisingly, she did not cut it too short, but cut it just to the base of my neck in a blunt-bob style--shorter on the sides. She did use heat, when I asked for a roller set, but.....
I want to appear somewhat stylish while taking the best care I can of my relaxed hair. Finally, getting to my questions: Is sleeping in roller sets good for your hair?
Does anyone use sponge rollers and get good results?
Have sponger rollers gotten a bum rap?

Queenie

You may want to try steam rollers (with roller papers). They give you a set within an hour.

Dolce_Dawn

Sponge rollers can snag your hair, thus causing breakage. If you must use them you should cover the sponge with end papers first. End papers can be bought at any Sally's or BSS and are not expensive at all.

Falon

Try flexi-rods. They hold themselves in place and cost about $3 a pack you will probably need 2 or 3 for neck lengthy hair I would use half inch rods. You hair will dry faster than a bantu knot set and you just finger style the curls and go.