“Cornrolled Care” healthy hair underneath Sewn-in Weave

annieup

Hi Ladies,

I’m interested in taking good care of my cornrolls/hair underneath my sewn in weave. I’m afraid if I do a deep conditioner, the product will sink in the braids being hard to rinse out. The same applies for shampoo. How (exactly) would I wash it. How often should it be washed? I here using a spray bottle of shampoo…. is this correct? If so, how much shampoo would I have to use. Also, what are the best product suggestions for keeping my cornrolls moisturized without leaving excess build up. I was thinking about just putting the weave in Bantu knots so I can get closer to the cornrolls easier. I plan to redo my sew-in every 2 months until it’s APL. Also, can I sit under the dryer and do a deep conditioner? Girls, I need the whole nine. I’m interested in healthy, growing hair. Any suggestions would greatly be appreciated. Thanks so much

When I used to have sew-ins with cornrows underneath I just washed my hair regularly. Meaning, I washed using a regular shampoo, then conditioned, and roller set...... and moisturized as usual. By the time I took the weave out, the cornrows were still fine underneath. No build-up or extra matting/tangling.

HTH

I used diluted shampoo or clarifying shampoo and washed my hair. I just conditioned sometimes but not a deep conditioner under the dryer. I mainly used a liquid leave-in for conditioning unless I had it shampooed/conditioned at the salon. Then I dried it under a dryer and oiled my scalp with Kemi Oyl and sprayed African Royole braid spray. I did the last step every day. It gave me a lot of growth. I plan to go back into a sewn-in this month. Oh and spray some diluted luquid leave-in every few days for strength.

thank you Kinikakes and kandegirl for your responses. I'm beginning to get really obsessed with healthy hair growth and want to know all the tips and techniques out there.

I'm doing a CO wash under there. I diluted my conditioner. Then afterwards I spray in my diluted leave in and oil my scalp.

annieup said:
thank you Kinikakes and kandegirl for your responses. I'm beginning to get really obsessed with healthy hair growth and want to know all the tips and techniques out there.

No prob, bob!!!

Hair is FUN..... and a healthy obsession, in my opinion!!! :D

I wash and DCed (ORS) my weave once a week in the shower with no problem. I washed the same way I would wash my own hair with shampoo and conditioner. I also cowashed every other day when I was wearing a curly weave. My hair was extra moisturized and soft when I took the weave out. I would say wash it as much as you feel you need to. I just have a habit of washing every friday whether it's dirty or not when I get home from work. You can sit under the dryer and deep condition. I usually just left it in for a few hrs while I did some other things or overnight. Then I washed the DC out. Since I was cowashing so often, I didn't need to oil the braids underneath, though. It really just depends on the hair. Some hair isn't going to hold up for a lot of washing without tangling and shedding. I didn't DC when I had straight hair and I sprayed the braids with oil and braid/weave spray periodically.

Back